3 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

OH SHIT I NEED TO UPDATE THAT (it's always fun to see people every once in a while say something about my commentary, haha)

I have an hour and a half to kill right now, and I think I'm missing like 15-20 releases on DF; I only keep Discogs updated 100% because I use it for personal viewing. 

I'm excited to see the additions haha

53 minutes ago, texan4life said:

I'm excited to see the additions haha

It ended up being a lot more, so I conveniently placed them under a spoiler so I wouldn't take up the whole page

- Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind (180g black; second to Jane Doe, and I fully support Brucewillisisdead's presidential nomination for the title track's riff).

- The Get Up Kids - Red Letter Day (Tan marble RSD; a companion piece to "Something to Write Home About").

- The Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About (HT Tri-color; I much prefer this album to Four Minute Mile).

- David Bowie - ★ (Blackstar) (2nd press on black; for the record, I listened to this the day BEFORE he died and thought it was awesome).

- The Mountain Goats - Beat the Champ (Black; anyone wanna trade mine + cash for the deluxe?).

- Foo Fighters - Saint Cecelia (Every song on this EP reminds me of a different aspect/sound of the Foos' career).

- Beach House - Teen Dream (It was cheap during the goHastings sale and it's the most accessible dream pop LP ever...).

- Beck - Sea Change (OG; HOLY FUCK HOW DID I MANAGE THIS FOR ONLY A HUNDRED DOLLARS?!?!?!?).

- Modest Mouse - White Lies, Yellow Teeth (Much like the albums they mirror, this is inferior to the Too Many Fiestas 7").

- Modest Mouse - Too Many Fiestas For Rueben (Cowboy Dan is my favorite song from LCW, and I think the B-side to this 7" is actually the superior version).

- Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada (rateyourmusic.com has this as the best EP of all time...can't say I disagree.

- Modest Mouse - No one's First, And You're Next (I'm not particularly fond of post-Good News MM, but this has a few good cuts on it).

- Circa Survive - Juturna (10-year orange/white swirl; why the fuck doesn't this have the hidden track?).

- Converge - You Fail Me (Black; probably my least favorite Converge record, but I still thoroughly enjoy it).

- The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis (Silver; better than Ire Works by a mile...or several).

- blink-182 - Enema of the State (SRC black 180g; I'm beyond embarrassed for having purchased this).

- Beck - Dreams (Blue RSD; Love Beck, love this song. Can't wait for the LP).

- Teen Suicide - DC Snuff Film / Waste Yrself (Black; Waste Yrself is better, but DC is rad too).

- Smashing Pumpkins - Gish (Decent, but it will never surpass the genius of Siamese Dream).

- Into It. Over It. - Standards (Cream; top album of 2016 so far...bought before I  got the tour press).

- Into It. Over It. - Standards (Gold tour press, 452/500; personalized with my name on it and everything!).

- Sufjan Stevens - Illinois (10th anniversary white + blue w/alt cover art; a beautiful album that never feels its length).

- Jakob - Sines (Clear w/splatter; won in a contest and was pleasantly surprised by the record's contents).

- The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - Death to New Years (Yellow; "From the Crow's Nest on Fire Street" is my favorite TWIABP song).

- The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - Long Live Happy Birthday (Pink; preeeeeetty pissed they didn't play Katamari Duquette at Broken World Fest).

- Weezer - Weezer (White) (White wax; sound quality is great, not only for white wax, but vinyl in general).

- Jakob record...thanks, Don!).

- Into It. Over It. - Proper (Half black, half clear w/black splatter; better than Intersections but not as good as Standards).

- Teen Suicide - It's the Big Joyous Celebration, Let's Stir the Honeypot (Milky clear w/red + milky clear w/black; fuck you Rez, this is waaaaay better than IWBMOH).

- Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism (RP; I listen to this at work all the time, it's great).

- Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (Black; had to replace it once cuz of horrible distortion, but my current copy is phenomenal).

- Rozwell Kid - Too Shabby (Coke clear w/white and blue splatter; listen to "Smear Me", wait one week, and tell me honestly it DIDN'T get stuck in your head at least once).

- Explosions in the Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever (The title is longer than the fucking album).

- Explosions in the Sky - The Wilderness (Red + Maroon; the packaging is cool and a major annoyance at the same time, like my brother).

- Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley (How many other stoner records have a song about brushing your teeth?).

- Electric Wizard - Come My Fanatics... (Purple; better than Dopethrone, IMO).

- The Appleseed Cast - Peregrine (Graty RSD; I was drying this after a wet clean and the rim sliced the web between my thumb and index finger...it sucked).

- mewithoutYou - [A-->B] Life (Brown 180g; a cool VC'er hooked me up with my favorite mwY album for $48).

- If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest (Clear w/red & black splatter; I should really get around to the rest of their discog).

- King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity (Green w/black splatter; the whole thing is basically one long song, and it was recorded to be an endless loop. Try it!).

- The Mountain Goats - All Hail West Texas (Autographed--thanks Jared!).

- The Mountain Goats - The Life of the World to Come (Autographed innersleeve--thanks Jared!).

35 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

They only have one IIRC and it's self-titled

Whoa whoa whoa, kid. Let me help you out.

// Texas Is The Reason | EP | 1995

1. Johnny On The Spot
  2. The Magic Bullet Theory
  3. Nickel Wound
  4. There's No Way I Can Talk Myself Out Of This One Tonight (The Drinking Song)
  5. Something To Forget (Version II)
  6. Do You Know Who You Are?
  7. Back And To The Left
  8. The Day's Refrain
  9. A Jack With One Eye

// Your Choice Live Series 037 | EP | 1996

1. Nickel Wound
  3. Johnny On The Spot
  4. Dressing Cold
  5. A Jack With One Eye
  6. Antique

// If It's Here When We Get Back It's Ours (AKA S/T) | 7" EP | 1995

1. If It's Here When We Get Back It's Ours
  2. Dressing Cold
  3. Antique

// Samuel / Texas Is The Reason Split | 7" Single | 1995

1. Something To Forget

// The Promise Ring / Texas Is The Reason Split | 7" Single | 1996

1. Blue Boy

// Do You Know Who You Are? (AKA - The Comp: two rare b-sides, and previously unreleased songs) | 2xLP | 2013

1. Johnny On The Spot
  3. Nickel Wound
  4. There's No Way I Can Talk Myself Out Of This One Tonight (The Drinking Song)
  5. Something To Forget (Version II)
  6. Do You Know Who You Are?
  7. Back And To The Left
  8. The Day's Refrain
  9. A Jack With One Eye
  10. Every Little Girls Dream
  11. When Rock 'N' Roll Was Just A Baby
  12. Blue Boy
  13. Something To Forget (Version I)
  14. If It's Here When We Get Back It's Ours
  15. Dressing Cold
  16. Antique

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

To be fair, he said album, but I was unaware of all of that. Also haven't even heard the album ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ have been meaning to because y'all mention it so often though.

Texas Is The Reason has an interesting ... history. So it's a little confusing to the uninformed.

Rule 1) Never answer a question relating to released material of a band / artist if you've never heard aforementioned band / artist. (Cause why bother?)

Rule 2) GO LISTEN TO TEXAS IS THE REASON RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

<3

Half of the reason I'm moving to Texas is because Texas IS the reason.

Hey everyone,

I am going out in a limb and starting my own small business. Recently I started collecting lapel pins, and I noticed that even though the hobby is very popular, there weren't many wrestling themed pins in the marketplace. So I am looking to help fill that void!

So I am pleased to introduce to you:

Cheap Pop Pins and Collectibles

My first pin "Suplex City V1" is up for preorder now. It is a mashup of Brock Lesnar's "Suplex City" gimmick and Grand Theft Auto.

I will also be producing non wrestling themed pins as well so please keep your eyes peeled!

Here is the link if you would like to preorder the pin. Orders will begin to ship May 20th.

http://cheappop.bigcartel.com/

Thank you for your interest and support on my business endeavor!

Also check me out on Instagram and Twitter at @Cheap_Pop_Pins

1 hour ago, Family Friendly Rap God said:

Hey everyone,

I am going out in a limb and starting my own small business. Recently I started collecting lapel pins, and I noticed that even though the hobby is very popular, there weren't many wrestling themed pins in the marketplace. So I am looking to help fill that void!

So I am pleased to introduce to you:

Cheap Pop Pins and Collectibles

My first pin "Suplex City V1" is up for preorder now. It is a mashup of Brock Lesnar's "Suplex City" gimmick and Grand Theft Auto.

I will also be producing non wrestling themed pins as well so please keep your eyes peeled!

Here is the link if you would like to preorder the pin. Orders will begin to ship May 20th.

http://cheappop.bigcartel.com/

Thank you for your interest and support on my business endeavor!

Also check me out on Instagram and Twitter at @Cheap_Pop_Pins

If your store front is called 'Cheap Pop', you should be selling pins of shitty pop punk bands. Haha.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic