1 minute ago, lastvaultboy said:

Sweet as. I'll let you know when we've got our shit together. Aiming for a south states visit and some Chicago action. 

Big Disney World fan (even back in 2013...) but still haven't done Disney Land LA. Went to DisneySea in Tokyo and that was insane. People were queuing four hours for Toy Story! Fast passes are a life saver. 

Sounds good!

And fast passes are the only way to do it. You pay all that money, better pay a little more to not have to wait all day, and enjoy it! DisneySea Tokyo looks insane, but nothing beats Disneyland in LA. Space Mountain for the win. Even the water coasters are awesome, like Indiana Jones. Tower of Tower is rad as hell, too. The classics and new massive coasters. You can't go wrong.

4 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Dude, I have those Bedhead and Codeine box sets and they are so fucking amazing. They're first on the list to spin for the lady cause she isn't familiar with slowcore at all. I was super lucky and found Codeine purcahsed, but not spun, so I got it for like $40. Then I got the Bedhead box for super cheap during the Numero moving sale.

I never took the plunge because both are gnarly expensive around here and every time I listen to an album of either, something deep inside of me dies. It's just fucking dead. 

Just now, Eliminator Jr. said:

I never took the plunge because both are gnarly expensive around here and every time I listen to an album of either, something deep inside of me dies. It's just fucking dead. 

I'm dead inside already, so it's perfect. It's oddly my go to cleaning music. Haha. No idea why. But my local shop gives me good deals on Numero releases cause he knows how much I love them, and he sells A LOT. Like the soul series, there is one that he has sold over 70 of, more than any other shop Numero supplies to. It's crazy. I'll see if they have them in stock next time I go if you want. They are a must. Also, Unwound, cause Unwound. They have the 4xLP of the last set for $50 and said he would sell it to me for $40 and I have a $5 coupon. It's so tempting but I have to save. UGH. Haha.

7 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm dead inside already, so it's perfect. It's oddly my go to cleaning music. Haha. No idea why. But my local shop gives me good deals on Numero releases cause he knows how much I love them, and he sells A LOT. Like the soul series, there is one that he has sold over 70 of, more than any other shop Numero supplies to. It's crazy. I'll see if they have them in stock next time I go if you want. They are a must. Also, Unwound, cause Unwound. They have the 4xLP of the last set for $50 and said he would sell it to me for $40 and I have a $5 coupon. It's so tempting but I have to save. UGH. Haha.

I did get all Unwound, they've gone retail over here so they were readily available and on the cheapish side ($40-$60). They're a must, definitely. And $35 for the last one? Dude, that's a no brainer.  I know, saving is hard, haha. 

Bedhead and Codeine have never been officially released around here and even with the pretty amazing import retailer my local works with they come out at around or slightly over $100. Codeine does, at least, I'm not sure if Bedhead is still available. I'd figure having one shipped from the US won't make it considerably cheaper, seeing how massive these sets are. Thanks for the offer though, bud. I'm sure I'll get my hands on one or the other some day. 

1 minute ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

I did get all Unwound, they've gone retail over here so they were readily available and on the cheapish side ($40-$60). They're a must, definitely. And $35 for the last one? Dude, that's a no brainer.  I know, saving is hard, haha. 

Bedhead and Codeine have never been officially released around here and even with the pretty amazing import retailer my local works with they come out at around or slightly over $100. Codeine does, at least, I'm not sure if Bedhead is still available. I'd figure having one shipped from the US won't make it considerably cheaper, seeing how massive these sets are. Thanks for the offer though, bud. I'm sure I'll get my hands on one or the other some day. 

Seriously, I can't pass it up... it's so damn good. Plus it's the last one, so ... I have to get it. I got the first from a local shop for $25, and the second and third off Amazon for $30 each shipped. So not bad at all.

Maybe you should look into getting a PO box in the states that forward all your records in bulk shipments to EU. My buddy in AUS does that, and it saves him quite a bit.

11 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Seriously, I can't pass it up... it's so damn good. Plus it's the last one, so ... I have to get it. I got the first from a local shop for $25, and the second and third off Amazon for $30 each shipped. So not bad at all.

Maybe you should look into getting a PO box in the states that forward all your records in bulk shipments to EU. My buddy in AUS does that, and it saves him quite a bit.

That's a really good idea, I'll read into that. It's gonna save me a lot of money and you a lot of trouble, because you won't have to order and store everything for me, haha.

1 minute ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

That's a really good idea, I'll read into that. It's gonna save me a lot of money and you a lot of trouble, because you won't have to order and store everything for me, haha.

I mean, it's fine for now since it isn't but so many records. I can get away with one mailer to EU right now. But if the future if there are a ton of records you're ordering from here, a forwarding PO box is the way to go. Have it send once a month or something and it'll be great. But until then, I'll be happy to be your forwarding service. Haha.

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

I mean, it's fine for now since it isn't but so many records. I can get away with one mailer to EU right now. But if the future if there are a ton of records you're ordering from here, a forwarding PO box is the way to go. Have it send once a month or something and it'll be great. But until then, I'll be happy to be your forwarding service. Haha.

Sure sounds like a great way to go. I've always narrowed down all US preorders I'm interested in to a select few and I sure do plan on getting as much locally as possible in the future, but it'll be great to have that option and just save so much on shipping costs. 

I'm seriously so excited for that mailer you're filling up for me right now. Tons of great stuff I wouldn't have been able to get without your help. <3

Sure sounds like a great way to go. I've always narrowed down all US preorders I'm interested in to a select few and I sure do plan on getting as much locally as possible in the future, but it'll be great to have that option and just save so much on shipping costs. 

I'm seriously so excited for that mailer you're filling up for me right now. Tons of great stuff I wouldn't have been able to get without your help. <3

It just so happens we are pretty much ordering the same stuff to begin with, so it's really no trouble at all. And that Nothing deal was just a sign that it was meant to be. Haha. <3

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

It just so happens we are pretty much ordering the same stuff to begin with, so it's really no trouble at all. And that Nothing deal was just a sign that it was meant to be. Haha. <3

That's been less a deal and more of a gift, really.. $11 per record makes me feel like it's 2003 once more. Good times, haha

That's been less a deal and more of a gift, really.. $11 per record makes me feel like it's 2003 once more. Good times, haha

I mean that great deal came from that dude being a fucking whinny baby, but there's no changing it, so might as well pass the savings on to someone else since I'll be buying the tour copy in person, and already have the blob reissue of GoE. Glad it worked out well that you need both. Like I said, meant to be. Haha.

This is going to be a killer mail day for you:

Nothing | Tired of Tomorrow | Tour | /1000
Nothing | Guilty of Everything | Blob | /300

Appleseed Cast | Illumination | Atlantic Label | /170

Converge | You Fail Me | Black Blob In Red | /500

City | S/T | Clear | /300

1 hour ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Codeine. White Birch

Low. Ones and Sixes

Galaxie 500. Today

Red House Painters. RHP II

Bedhead. Everything, really. That's how great they were

Nailed it. I'm going to shoehorn a few more in though and suggest Duster, Early Day Miners, and maybe Mount Eerie. I'm not sure if Mount Eerie are really classified as 'slowcore', but they're similar to others suggested and everyone should be listening to Mount Eerie anyways.

1 minute ago, Youinreverse said:

Nailed it. I'm going to shoehorn a few more in though and suggest Duster, Early Day Miners, and maybe Mount Eerie. I'm not sure if Mount Eerie are really classified as 'slowcore', but they're similar to others suggested and everyone should be listening to Mount Eerie anyways.

Mount Eerie is slowcore, just not the main genre. Indie Folk / Avant Garde / Lo Fi, maybe some others.

2 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

Nailed it. I'm going to shoehorn a few more in though and suggest Duster, Early Day Miners, and maybe Mount Eerie. I'm not sure if Mount Eerie are really classified as 'slowcore', but they're similar to others suggested.

I notice nobody ever seems to mention American Music Club also... If you're gonna have RHP, you just gotta see what inspired Kozelek's writing style. Everclear is a masterpiece

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic