9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The store playlist is surprisingly decent. A fair amount of New Order, The Smiths, Nirvana, REM, Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, and The Cure get played. Plus a lot of random 90s alt rock. Sure there's a lot of the typical grocery store music bullshit but for a corporate playlist it's not bad.

Funny, I've listened to REM all today + a tiny bit of The Cure

We always get the worst stations at work. Whoever chooses the station just can't seem to let go of the 80s/hair metal. I get to hear garbage like Journey/The Scorpions/Guns N Roses/Bon Jovi all day. The 80s station NEVER plays New Order, and I hate it. Anytime someone changes the station to something else, it's back to the 80s within the hour.

1 minute ago, Youinreverse said:

We always get the worst stations at work. Whoever chooses the station just can't seem to let go of the 80s/hair metal. I get to hear garbage like Journey/The Scorpions/Guns N Roses/Bon Jovi all day. The 80s station NEVER plays New Order, and I hate it. Anytime someone changes the station to something else, it's back to the 80s within the hour.

FUCK-ING-GROSS.

Bought the mint repress of Converge's AWLWLB at my local store today. It was like $9 since I traded some records I didn't want in for store credit. Came with a rather strange unglued corner that was bent really badly, but ah well, whatcha gunna do. Still love the album and can't wait to buy more Converge records.

I can't believe I didn't get into this band earlier

11 minutes ago, deer said:

Bought the mint repress of Converge's AWLWLB at my local store today. It was like $9 since I traded some records I didn't want in for store credit. Came with a rather strange unglued corner that was bent really badly, but ah well, whatcha gunna do. Still love the album and can't wait to buy more Converge records.

I can't believe I didn't get into this band earlier

I regret not getting into Converge earlier. They just weren't my jam back then, but they are now. So fuck it. You Fail Me is luckily my favorite. So I'm stoked to get it. I always held off on it when I saw it in store. Kind of glad I did cause we get the redux now.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Guys, we forgot to tell Rez that everyone he works with at the pizza place is going to be stoned.

Someone already beat you to that joke :P

51 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Rez is gonna take one hit off a blunt and then have no idea how to do his job and get fired.

49 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Then the world as he knows it will unravel cause he loves weed.

Thanks, guys

2 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I regret not getting into Converge earlier. They just weren't my jam back then, but they are now. So fuck it. You Fail Me is luckily my favorite. So I'm stoked to get it. I always held off on it when I saw it in store. Kind of glad I did cause we get the redux now.

I'm very glad I got into Converge right as the redux of You Fail Me dropped. Those things sold out fast. I can't wait to get mine in.

Just now, deer said:

I'm very glad I got into Converge right as the redux of You Fail Me dropped. Those things sold out fast. I can't wait to get mine in.

I know Converge has a huge cult following, but god damn did they sell out quick. The blob was only up for an hour or so, same with splatter. The split went within a day, and the EU within a few. Apparently they already have more in the works. I'm stoked for the blob though. It's going to look sick, a black blob floating in translucent red. Which variant did you get?

Just now, Dave Grohl said:

I know Converge has a huge cult following, but god damn did they sell out quick. The blob was only up for an hour or so, same with splatter. The split went within a day, and the EU within a few. Apparently they already have more in the works. I'm stoked for the blob though. It's going to look sick, a black blob floating in translucent red. Which variant did you get?

I got the blobbbb. I had to, it looks so good. Was undecided between the white/red and that but when I saw how fast they were selling I just decided to go with my gut. The packaging looks sick as hell, too.

Just now, deer said:

I got the blobbbb. I had to, it looks so good. Was undecided between the white/red and that but when I saw how fast they were selling I just decided to go with my gut. The packaging looks sick as hell, too.

I know, right? A quad gate sleeve and a slip jacket at $18 on colored wax, that is also remixed and remastered? How? How. How the fuck did they pull that off. That's fucking amazing.

1 minute ago, Dave Grohl said:

At replies are going to be my new favorite thing. It'll be so much easier to know if something said something directed at you while you were busy / asleep / whatever.

For instance, if @The Butcha is working his meat right now, he will see this later. Rub that meat, Bri.

Hahaha. I'm going to like the @ too. Always workin' that meat.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic