haha should have gone with created, either way sounds like a cheesy business card. 

everyone is an artist these days. when i was photographing warped tour, kids where getting in to the photo pit with iphones, i couldnt believe it. i didnt care either if i got in their way. i went to school and worked hard for my credentials, im not gonna pass up a shot so you can fake HDR it and put some shitty boarder around it. anyway....

before i went to school, i told myself and everyone that i would never do weddings, fuck that. thats not me. but now i actually really enjoy and love shooting weddings. plus its an easy cash flow. sadly, right now, its my only photo income...

It's really amazing who bands will give credentials to.  I've gone to so many shows where there were "photographers" in the pit with me who were shooting with a point and shoot compact camera. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately weddings and portrait work are my only photo income, too.  I am working to get my business off the ground so I can quit my 9-5 and just do photo.  I feel like that day will never come though, which is super frustrating since I put in the time to earn my BFA and I'm stuck at an office job Monday thru Friday.

What is the standard procedure for selling your records to a record store? I took in a large quantity of CDs to a store and got pennies per CD. I expected this and did not complain about the trade in price. For selling records I would be looking for significantly more. Do I tell them before they go through it that I have a price in mind and if they don't meet it I will just keep them. How about if I want to shop a collection to several stores. I was thinking about taking 10 records to each store (as similar lots of 10 as I can) and then going with whichever one gave me the highest price on the initial lot. Any suggestions. Should I tell them which records are more sought after?

i emailed my guy a list of what i was wanting to offload. he wasnt keen on variant runs and special things, so he took my word on it...and he seemed to not care if it were a /100 or a /4000.

luckily for me he told me to bring in the entire list. he then looked at each and every one...and spun certain ones...

i think i had 12-15 and he said he'd give me $100 in store credit.

he gave me 20+ for some

under $10 for others.

just depends, but just from my experience he didnt give a shit less how limited they were or werent.

I'm in Kansas. NE corner. Yesterday I left work it was 78. And after my 40 min drive home it had dropped to 54.

Same here in Nebraska. Mid 80s a couple of days ago and last night it snowed. So crazy. First time we've had snow in May since 1967.

Wow, and I thought Maryland weather was completely unpredictable haha

its like they made it so simple, its fucking hard. i hate imovie

i used final cut pro for a long time, then just recently started using adobe premier.

I always have the urge to flip my laptop off my desk when I try to use iMovie. even  windows movie maker is better.

I have used final cut pro, and we use screenflow at work. both are amazing in their own right.

I always have the urge to flip my laptop off my desk when I try to use iMovie. even  windows movie maker is better.

I have used final cut pro, and we use screenflow at work. both are amazing in their own right.

haha totally forgot about windows movie maker, yeah that is better

ive never used screenflow. you deal with a lot of video?

I made a ton of videos for fun throughout high school and college (there are some videos hidden in the depths of the internet that I pray no one ever sees), and now I make instructional videos for different credit unions and their online software. fun stuff B)

I also do wedding videos from time to time, but I don't deal well with brides and I always end up getting emotional and crying.

I made a ton of videos for fun throughout high school and college (there are some videos hidden in the depths of the internet that I pray no one ever sees), and now I make instructional videos for different credit unions and their online software. fun stuff B)

I also do wedding videos from time to time, but I don't deal well with brides and I always end up getting emotional and crying.

haha we all have those hidden internet videos from high school somewhere....

i love shooting wedding and editing wedding photos, and i even like take wedding video, but man....i hate editing wedding videos. brutal. my friend, teacher and fellow photog, used to work together a lot when i was boston. he knew i was interested in video (since our dslr's were video ready) and starting making his wedding packages include video at first it was like cool! yeah! ya know make a little highlight reel of the wedding, 2-5 mins long, pop song in there and maybe part of speech, make an easy $1000. then people started asking for longer this and longer that, maybe include the dads whole speech or all the vows, i couldnt do it anymore, plus it was taking away from my photo opportunities . anyways...yeah video can be fun!

All of you guys are talking about Final Cut and Adobe whatnot... I just finished my Intro to Production Basics class, and we used Avid Media Composer 5. I've never really used any of the other stuff (before I took this class, my editing experience was limited to Windows Movie Maker), but Avid made me think twice about ever considering editing as a job or profession. Yeesh.

Any of you have experience with it?

I just bonked a car in the parking lot at the grocery store. It would've just been a pretty easy out-of-pocket fix, but the dude didn't own the car as it was a company car so we had to do all the insurance shit and what have you, Sucks.

I just bonked a car in the parking lot at the grocery store. It would've just been a pretty easy out-of-pocket fix, but the dude didn't own the car as it was a company car so we had to do all the insurance shit and what have you, Sucks.

Read that as " I just bonked in a car in the parking lot at the grocery store." Would have been way more rad than the real story

All of you guys are talking about Final Cut and Adobe whatnot... I just finished my Intro to Production Basics class, and we used Avid Media Composer 5. I've never really used any of the other stuff (before I took this class, my editing experience was limited to Windows Movie Maker), but Avid made me think twice about ever considering editing as a job or profession. Yeesh.

Any of you have experience with it?

my buddy used avid for a little bit, thats another one i never really used.

editing videos can suck...but when the subject is actually something you like and enjoy, its awesome. it just another art form. even better when you shoot the footage and edit it. 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic