When I did weddings I had it too. Also nerve damage in neck and shoulder.

My equipment was super heavy and holding my angles was tedious.

In my opinion your pain should be there. It's still fresh. My went away after two weeks but it was a serious nerve pinch. Get a massage when it's all done.

I wish I would have had my phone with me because I would have tried to get a picture of this.

Today I saw a  dude out jogging.  He looked like a 50 something heavy metal drummer, bald on top with long hair on the sides.  He was running in normal running shorts and jean vest.  Best part he was carrying drum sticks and was air drumming all the while he was jogging.

I wish I would have had my phone with me because I would have tried to get a picture of this.

Today I saw a dude out jogging. He looked like a 50 something heavy metal drummer, bald on top with long hair on the sides. He was running in normal running shorts and jean vest. Best part he was carrying drum sticks and was air drumming all the while he was jogging.

This is awesome

When I did weddings I had it too. Also nerve damage in neck and shoulder.

My equipment was super heavy and holding my angles was tedious.

In my opinion your pain should be there. It's still fresh. My went away after two weeks but it was a serious nerve pinch. Get a massage when it's all done.

Ooooh a massage sounds awesome right now.  I don't know what caused the neck pain to begin with though, because I don't recall doing anything strenuous the day before.

My grandmother gave me a pack of icy hot heating pads. I'm looking forward to using those.

tumblr_mlzepg7lqd1qfg9jzo2_400.gif

tumblr_mlytioado21sopmy4o1_500.gif

watched neon genesis evangelion 3.0 you can (not) redo last night

not as much action as i was hoping for, the 2nd rebuild was definitely better...i'm still lost on the underlying mythology of the series though.

they could have replaced 30 minutes of Shinji wandering around Nerv / sitting in his room with flashbacks of what happened during his 14 year coma/sleep

A few pages back I mentioned waking up on Friday AM with a muscle spasm in my neck... yesterday I worked a wedding for 12 hours with my neck still stiff, and today I get to do it all over again! Shouldn't the pain be subsiding by now? Or am I only making it worse by carrying around photographic equipment all weekend long?

gotta invest in some of these quick strap things...awesome. just buy a good brand. you dont want you a cheapo strap holding 5k of gear.

http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Shoulder-Strap-Canon-Cameras/dp/B004MFQ2I8 (something like this, just an example)

or

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbowimaging-Release-Dual-shoulder-Olympus-Panasonic/dp/B00508ZURU/ref=pd_sim_p_2

they're nice when you got 2 bodies goin, esp one with a 70-200 on it.

gotta invest in some of these quick strap things...awesome. just buy a good brand. you dont want you a cheapo strap holding 5k of gear.

http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Shoulder-Strap-Canon-Cameras/dp/B004MFQ2I8 (something like this, just an example)

or

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbowimaging-Release-Dual-shoulder-Olympus-Panasonic/dp/B00508ZURU/ref=pd_sim_p_2

they're nice when you got 2 bodies goin, esp one with a 70-200 on it.

I worked in a camera shop for 2+ years, haha. We sold a ton of the Black Rapid straps.  I just....can't, haha.  I think it's mostly due to the types of people I would sell these straps to. 9 times out of 10 they were the typical toolbag photographer.  Totally ruined a great design for me.

But, on top of that, I have the curse of being what one might call "busty," where not even the straps designed for the ladies looks right (nor is comfortable) on me. =(

I worked in a camera shop for 2+ years, haha. We sold a ton of the Black Rapid straps.  I just....can't, haha.  I think it's mostly due to the types of people I would sell these straps to. 9 times out of 10 they were the typical toolbag photographer.  Totally ruined a great design for me.

But, on top of that, I have the curse of being what one might call "busty," where not even the straps designed for the ladies looks right (nor is comfortable) on me. =(

haha, i do know what you mean, by douchey toolbag photogs, who have a super expensive dslr's and shoot auto!!! but i do have to say, they come in handy. i found them super useful when shooting for papers or when i worked at fenway. it still hard to for me to get used too though. i stll rock my old dirty stock straps, theres memories on those straps.

and im sorry for the lady problems.

haha, i do know what you mean, by douchey toolbag photogs, who have a super expensive dslr's and shoot auto!!! but i do have to say, they come in handy. i found them super useful when shooting for papers or when i worked at fenway. it still hard to for me to get used too though. i stll rock my old dirty stock straps, theres memories on those straps.

and im sorry for the lady problems.

Yes! That's exactly what I was talking about, haha.  They would come into the shop sporting both of their cameras on their Black Rapid straps and spend 30 minutes looking at the accessories and add-ons.  It's like... okay dude, we get it, you take photos. Lol.

I wish I could use those types of straps.  For walking around and being on the go like for weddings and press, etc, they're perfect. Damn girl parts, haha.

I currently use one of those hand straps that tie from the shutter side neck strap loop hole underneath to the bottom of the grip.  I find that's the easiest way for me to shoot concerts without having to fight with a neckstrap during a the 2-3 song time constraint.

Yes! That's exactly what I was talking about, haha.  They would come into the shop sporting both of their cameras on their Black Rapid straps and spend 30 minutes looking at the accessories and add-ons.  It's like... okay dude, we get it, you take photos. Lol.

I wish I could use those types of straps.  For walking around and being on the go like for weddings and press, etc, they're perfect. Damn girl parts, haha.

I currently use one of those hand straps that tie from the shutter side neck strap loop hole underneath to the bottom of the grip.  I find that's the easiest way for me to shoot concerts without having to fight with a neckstrap during a the 2-3 song time constraint.

my favorite is when they buy battery grips for shooting landscapes with their expensive camera and stock 18-55 f/5 EFS lens. (just making a joke people, you can still take great photos on any lens) but its like what are you possibly shooting to need that much power?! ive shot over 4k photos in a single bruins game, and still have a half battery on the 5dmk2. just another accessory to make their camera look bigger. same with shooting concerts, i can shoot an entire day and be good to go. the new batteries are wicked awesome. I do have a battery grip for my 7D just never use it. i pop it on when im doing video. battery grips do rule though, when needed and used correctly.

the hand straps are cool, i really find it useful when I have single body with a fixed lens, its nice. super compact and quick. also good for hangin out car windows

my favorite is when they buy battery grips for shooting landscapes with their expensive camera and stock 18-55 f/5 EFS lens. (just making a joke people, you can still take great photos on any lens) but its like what are you possibly shooting to need that much power?! ive shot over 4k photos in a single bruins game, and still have a half battery on the 5dmk2. just another accessory to make their camera look bigger. same with shooting concerts, i can shoot an entire day and be good to go. the new batteries are wicked awesome. I do have a battery grip for my 7D just never use it. i pop it on when im doing video. battery grips do rule though, when needed and used correctly.

the hand straps are cool, i really find it useful when I have single body with a fixed lens, its nice. super compact and quick. also good for hangin out car windows

I remember when the Canon T4i & the Nikon D5100 came out (at almost the same time), and all these people were like "Can I use my old grip with this?" Nope. "Ugh, how much is the new grip?" It's not out yet. "So I have to switch out my batteries until then?"

I use the grip mainly for the vertical shutter.  When I'm shooting back and forth at weddings and concerts, I'm awful at creating straight images without the vertical shutter, lol.  It also comes in handy to have the extended battery life when I forget to do a recharge in between gigs.  I'm really bad with that.

I'm also glad to see you're a Canon user!  I have a 5DMKII.

I remember when the Canon T4i & the Nikon D5100 came out (at almost the same time), and all these people were like "Can I use my old grip with this?" Nope. "Ugh, how much is the new grip?" It's not out yet. "So I have to switch out my batteries until then?"

I use the grip mainly for the vertical shutter.  When I'm shooting back and forth at weddings and concerts, I'm awful at creating straight images without the vertical shutter, lol.  It also comes in handy to have the extended battery life when I forget to do a recharge in between gigs.  I'm really bad with that.

I'm also glad to see you're a Canon user!  I have a 5DMKII.

haha battery switching isnt that bad...and dont get me wrong, battery grips are awesome and yes very handy for vertical shots. just funny when noobs come around to buying them. ah man I miss school. it weeded out the hipsters and actual photogs who wanted to learn sooo fast.

team canon! i recently picked up a 1D markIV and its amazing. I shoot a lot of sports, and its one of the best pieces of equipment ever. i cant get enough the MKII, its awesome. 

haha battery switching isnt that bad...and dont get me wrong, battery grips are awesome and yes very handy for vertical shots. just funny when noobs come around to buying them. ah man I miss school. it weeded out the hipsters and actual photogs who wanted to learn sooo fast.

team canon! i recently picked up a 1D markIV and its amazing. I shoot a lot of sports, and its one of the best pieces of equipment ever. i cant get enough the MKII, its awesome. 

I am so jealous of you! One of the dudes I shoot weddings with recently got a NM used 1D MKIV from the shop I worked at.  I couldn't believe the condition it was in.  When I ran the shutter count software, I think it had under 200 shots on it.

I would love to have a 1Dx though. If I ever upgrade, that's what I'm going for.

I am so jealous of you! One of the dudes I shoot weddings with recently got a NM used 1D MKIV from the shop I worked at.  I couldn't believe the condition it was in.  When I ran the shutter count software, I think it had under 200 shots on it.

I would love to have a 1Dx though. If I ever upgrade, that's what I'm going for.

wow thats wild. such a low shutter count. some tool definitely bought it and realized he couldnt afford it. with 10fps, how do you only have 200?! haha

yeah the 1Dx is nice, real cool. I was so excited to get the mark4 because i knew it was a camera that i would never has been able to afford. so im rooting for you.

and these high ISO's are awesome, i love it

I have a lot of friends who are "photographers." One has narrowed her business down to basically just weddings and families; she's quite successful and good for her.

I have two others who list their occupations on Facebook as "artist" and spend a significant amount of time convincing people that they are, in fact, artists, so yay for them.

Then, one of them posts this magical gem:

"Pics are taken with your phone. Photos are taken with a camera. Art is taken with your soul."

Bottom line is, if the opportunity ever arises that I can kill him and make it look like a tragic accident, I am going to do so.

I have a lot of friends who are "photographers." One has narrowed her business down to basically just weddings and families; she's quite successful and good for her.

I have two others who list their occupations on Facebook as "artist" and spend a significant amount of time convincing people that they are, in fact, artists, so yay for them.

Then, one of them posts this magical gem:

"Pics are taken with your phone. Photos are taken with a camera. Art is taken with your soul."

Bottom line is, if the opportunity ever arises that I can kill him and make it look like a tragic accident, I am going to do so.

haha should have gone with created, either way sounds like a cheesy business card. 

everyone is an artist these days. when i was photographing warped tour, kids where getting in to the photo pit with iphones, i couldnt believe it. i didnt care either if i got in their way. i went to school and worked hard for my credentials, im not gonna pass up a shot so you can fake HDR it and put some shitty boarder around it. anyway....

before i went to school, i told myself and everyone that i would never do weddings, fuck that. thats not me. but now i actually really enjoy and love shooting weddings. plus its an easy cash flow. sadly, right now, its my only photo income...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic