The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Please... like you ain't gonna track that variant down anyway. You're sitting on a complete collection*, they could probably put out an LP of farts and you'd by it.

Ha anyone noted that Ghibli is 014 and we are missing 12 and 13?

Had to throw the asterisk in there for the Poltergeist clear ;)

Wow, I didn't realize how common or unpopular the clear Poltergeist one is... as low as $34 dollars and 10 copies on discogs currently.

It's one of the best soundtracks they've pressed in my opinion, but, there are 3 versions of it because of the GiD RSD release, and most people aesthetically prefer the GiD, which fetches pretty high aftermarket prices.

^ yep. definitely a lot of fuzz. I happen to think it works well for this release, if you think about the static tv in the movie.

So, I like it, but yeah, might pick up a clear on the cheap in the future to complete the ole variant collection, and have a cleaner sounding listening copy.

The GiD really looks fantastic though. Glows bright as hell.

^ yep. definitely a lot of fuzz. I happen to think it works well for this release, if you think about the static tv in the movie.

So, I like it, but yeah, might pick up a clear on the cheap in the future to complete the ole variant collection, and have a cleaner sounding listening copy.

The GiD really looks fantastic though. Glows bright as hell.

It looks really sweet when it's at peak glow

received my PM copy today. such a fantastic release. i love that they included an insert with the track information and art from 'my neighbors the yamadas'. and i also noticed that the center label art is different for each variant. pretty cool that they didn't just get lazy and make them all the same. i'm definitely impressed. bring on the other two!

the packaging for timecrimes looks stellar. and I agree, the packaging on Deadly Spawn (1xLP gatefold) is SO much better than the packaging on either Maniac (1xLP standard sleeve).

Also, watched the movie last night and it was a very enjoyable watch - I recommend it.

It's streaming on Netflix!

Glad it's on netflix, have to check it out soon now

Crazy that retailers are pricing the Ghibli at about $50

I wonder why this 2xLP was $30 from Mondo (instead of $25 like the others) and isn't on amazon yet?

I can only jump to the conclusion that the licensing must have been more expensive.... They have done 2xLPs on colored vinyl with inserts before and it's been $5 less. Unless the extra 1 colored LP affects price point. Or maybe that every record produced was colored instead of black. but I don't know enough about the production process to know for sure.