The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

well your comment was definitely more abrasive, so i'd venture to say, you sir, actually give more of a shit than he does. i give little shits about many things, but i give some shits about people being hypocrites.

Ok cool, you keep trying to analyze my post and tell me how I feel more then I know how I feel, get off your high horse

Tickets go onsale Monday. My wife and I try to get to LA sometime in December to celebrate X Mas with my in-laws anyways. This time it kind of works out perfectly.

Oh cool, I know very little about it.

I just saw a little segment on it in that Gig Poster documentary and it looked like it was a show up and wait kind of a deal.

$85 minimum to see an old movie and get an overpriced poster? ridiculous. i don't care how much they're allegedly worth in the secondary-market. The bubble on these ridiculous movie posters is going to burst soon, especially when people are running out of wall space.

I think we're in the same boat as well being vinyl collectors. This bubble will burst too but it's fun and a hobby and Im guilty of being a fan of both. Also, there are flat files for those with no more wall space. With a common 24x36 print size like the one you're gonna get at Mondo's Mystery Movie, you can also swap out prints with your frames.

I think we're in the same boat as well being vinyl collectors. This bubble will burst too but it's fun and a hobby and Im guilty of being a fan of both. Also, there are flat files for those with no more wall space. With a common 24x36 print size like the one you're gonna get at Mondo's Mystery Movie, you can also swap out prints with your frames.

I'm looking forward for the vinyl bubble to burst so these ridiculous prices record companies gladly charge will have to drop

the difference is records serve purposes other than hanging on walls and they're usually not nearly as expensive. If the "vinyl bubble" bursts (and i assume there are many more vinyl owners than $50 movie screen print collectors), I'll still own all my records for listening, as they're not investments.

Mondo sheep. You should be ashamed of yourselves for buying music that a label dictates to you all for 'collectability', or trying to get a 'full house'

Do what you want with your own money. I just think its fucking pathetic and I am entitled to my opinion because thats all it is!

Bullshit

the difference is records serve purposes other than hanging on walls and they're usually not nearly as expensive. If the "vinyl bubble" bursts (and i assume there are many more vinyl owners than $50 movie screen print collectors), I'll still own all my records for listening, as they're not investments.

I don't think you can disregard how people value artwork, since people have been paying fuckloads for it for centuries. Records provide audio stimulation, art provides visual stimulation. While music is easily my favorite art medium, I happen to value both forms of art very much . Every day I walk into my basement I get joy from what Ive acquired that's hanging on my walls (Ive actually only gotten around to hanging 2 Mondo prints, both Horkeys).