The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I think I'll just have to assume I can only get 2 per person. So if me and a friend go then we can get 4 and I'm gonna keep one. So that will be 3 for other people. Obviously for the first 3 people who asked. I also assume the records will be $30 each with the entry fees that would be $45 per record. I hope I could get more than that so it will be cheaper for everyone and I can help more.

That'd be great, man.

Thanks so much for doing this!

From the Mondo newsletter:--1000 is a lot

This coming Friday & Saturday, we will be attending the HALLOWEEN: 35 YEARS OF TERROR convention in Pasadena, CA. We are honored to be invited to celebrate such a milestone for the franchise. And, as our west coast fans know by now, we wouldn't just come to town empty handed. Come by Booth #101 anytime during the convention hours and you can pick up a brand new poster for HALLOWEEN by Jock, and a special Variant version of our HALLOWEEN soundtrack featuring alternate artwork by Phantom City Creative, pressed on 180 gram translucent Orange with black splatter (limited to 1,000 copies).

can someone call the gallery and ask about the splatter? And find out if they will be limiting customers. A price tag wouldnt hurt either.

Just spoke with the gallery. $30, limit 2/person on Friday, with the potential to remove the limit on Saturday if they aren't moving. Would definitely be sweet if you could grab more than 4, but who knows if they will sell out on Friday.

100, I highly recommend you attend the event if you want to even sniff any chance of getting this variant.

haha. seriously though, 1000 must be the most Mondo has done of a variant right? i'd imagine if they're doing that many splatters, the total pressing must be at least 5000. i'm feeling like a straight up chump for rushing to order it direct from them.

Drive RSD Pic Disc was /1000 as was the Poltergeist glow.

Both weren't too hard to attain, but both also now go for $75+ on the aftermarket.

Those were scattered amongst record stores throughout the country on RSD though, so unless leftovers are only going out to record stores for Black Friday RSD, this should be a breeze on an online drop. Glad Mondo released this variant instead of some crummy Picture Disc or GID vinyl. This should actually sound good.

Those were scattered amongst record stores throughout the country on RSD though, so unless leftovers are only going out to record stores for Black Friday RSD, this should be a breeze on an online drop. Glad Mondo released this variant instead of some crummy Picture Disc or GID vinyl. This should actually sound good.

Yep, I'm in agreement. Almost wish I hadn't bought off the first drop at all.

Yep, I'm in agreement. Almost wish I hadn't bought off the first drop at all.

I kind of expected they would come out with a 2nd variant of the release (due to its huge stature amongst the horror community), unfortunately I didn't have faith that they wouldn't screw it up with an inferior vinyl release ala what they did with both RSD releases, haha. Either way, this will be quality.

Just spoke with the gallery. $30, limit 2/person on Friday, with the potential to remove the limit on Saturday if they aren't moving. Would definitely be sweet if you could grab more than 4, but who knows if they will sell out on Friday.

id have to go on saturday anyway because of work. I'll contact the first 4 people in a little bit and see whats up. I got one person who wants a print so ill get another for someone else on here. I think someone already requested it in a comment.