The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

"Turning dinosaurs into vinyl is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. And I’m gonna be there when you learn that."

Is the author assuring the readers that this release is gonna bomb?  Rut roh.  This will no doubt be one of (if not THE) Mondo's all-time best sellers.

Oh no, we don't want the noobs spoiling the "super secret mondo club" thread...

There's no secret club. Just hetty jaded Mondo vets tired of buttlords asking the same damn questions a billion times. Don't ask any questions that have been covered in this thread's pages 7,000 times already and you can noob it up all you want in here.

I wonder if there's a 'Poster Collective' (so-to-speak) forum of people who track posters (like Mondo's) as fervently as VC does...?

Anyone know?

Also, is there a Band/Music/Tour-specific Poster thread on VC that anyone knows of? Didn't come across one on an initial search...

expressobeans.com

There's no secret club. Just hetty jaded Mondo vets tired of buttlords asking the same damn questions a billion times. Don't ask any questions that have been covered in this thread's pages 7,000 times already and you can noob it up all you want in here.

See, what I understand is that this is a 220+ page thread that not everyone has read every blessed detail for each niche release. What I do think is a good idea is the refresher Q&A that is being quoted each page, so you can quote that and cut the smug jerk "noob hazing"

Jurassic Park is one of the most popular science fiction films of the last 25+ years and it is finally getting a "Proper" release on vinyl, at a time where vinyl is again immensely popular(especially with the hipster '90s crowd) so you should realize there is going to be a lot of annoying overlap with "Mondo Vets" "Mondo Casuals" and "Noobs" it's gonna happen. The thing that frustrates me is that there are, no doubt, going to be idiots just buying it to "frame".

See, what I understand is that this is a 220+ page thread that not everyone has read every blessed detail for each niche release. What I do think is a good idea is the refresher Q&A that is being quoted each page, so you can quote that and cut the smug jerk "noob hazing"

Jurassic Park is one of the most popular science fiction films of the last 25+ years and it is finally getting a "Proper" release on vinyl, at a time where vinyl is again immensely popular(especially with the hipster '90s crowd) so you should realize there is going to be a lot of annoying overlap with "Mondo Vets" "Mondo Casuals" and "Noobs" it's gonna happen. The thing that frustrates me is that there are, no doubt, going to be idiots just buying it to "frame".

Thing is, it's nobody's fault but your own if youre not motivated enough to get yourself caught up in this thread (hint, you don't need to read all 200+ pages because all the same questions get asked on average about every couple weeks). You can ask any question you like, just don't get butthurt if someone gives you the "smug" answer you don't want to hear. If that's just too much criticism to handle, make yourself an expert by reading through the thread. Simple as that.

l

Thing is, it's nobody's fault but your own if youre not motivated enough to get yourself caught up in this thread (hint, you don't need to read all 200+ pages because all the same questions get asked on average about every couple weeks). You can ask any question you like, just don't get butthurt if someone gives you the "smug" answer you don't want to hear. If that's just too much criticism to handle, make yourself an expert by reading through the thread. Simple as that.

"Motivated to read through 200 pages?" Give me a break!

"Butthurt" nowhere did I say this and you seem to need a new vocabulary: "Butthurt" "Butt Lords"(that's a new one)

I am speaking in generalities and I am offering some advice(you don't need to be a dick)(I guess you get a pass because you buy ALL of Mondos stuff, so you are the expert).

l

"Butthurt" nowhere did I say this and you seem to need a new vocabulary: "Butthurt" "Butt Lords"(that's a new one)

I am speaking in generalities and I am offering some advice(you don't need to be a dick)(I guess you get a pass because you buy ALL of Mondos stuff, so you are the expert).

Here, have a Zoloft, hombre. We're just having a bit of fun in here because that's how an internet vinyl collecting forum should be. Fun. If you had taken a breather pre-soapbox and merely skimmed the last few pages, you would have noted that all of us smugfolk mixed in a fair amount of sincere answers as well. Thanks for dropping by, though. All of your keen insights have made me a richer man.

l

200 pages isn't that much reading and I said you didn't need to read back that far because all the questions get asked time and time again. That said, if you're not willing to make the effort, that's ultimately your choice and not anybody else's problem. I don't buy all of Mondo's stuff. I think the Halloween OST was the last vinyl purchase I made. I pass on about 90% of their print releases too. I'm not being a dick either, I'm just being blunt and trying to make people aware that they should hold themselves accountable for their own actions.

Sweet melt though.

No it's not a "melt" I just have been reading this thread the past couple of days and the brand new thread created just for Jurassic Park and you timbruh2001 in particular have been/and always are smug. I mean, you don't have to answer people, it's like being a jerk to be a jerk.

Speaking of "Fun" threads this is the only thread that has, what it seems, like elitism.

No it's not a "melt" I just have been reading this thread the past couple of days and the brand new thread created just for Jurassic Park and you timbruh2001 in particular have been/and always are smug. I mean, you don't have to answer people, it's like being a jerk to be a jerk.

Speaking of "Fun" threads this is the only thread that has, what it seems, like elitism.

Keep crying baby boy. Luvin' da meltz.