The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I remember it lasting the better part of a day, but many good folks have told me it was sold out in under an hour. However, JP will have double Drive's pressing easily. Especially when. You factor in the extra 1k ambers.

On top of that, pretty much all copies pressed will be sold directly through Mondo. This will definitely not sell out as quick as Drive did.

According to Discogs, there were 4500 copies of Drive pressed including randomly inserted pink vinyl versions.

If Drive had more than five times more records pressed than version b of JP does and sold out in under an hour, the amber JP should sell out crazy fast... Is there a flaw in this reasoning?

A good amount would have been sent to record stores and other online retailers.

edit: re-reading the blog.. is version B the web exclusive? Or are both versions web exclusives?

According to Discogs, there were 4500 copies of Drive pressed including randomly inserted pink vinyl versions.

If Drive had more than five times more records pressed than version b of JP does and sold out in under an hour, the amber JP should sell out crazy fast... Is there a flaw in this reasoning?

They aren't comparable. The Amber JP will be mainly an event exclusive, so by the time they hit the internet most will be long gone.

They aren't comparable. The Amber JP will be mainly an event exclusive, so by the time they hit the internet most will be long gone.

I wouldn't say "most" of the 1000 will be gone. Maybe 1/3. They're only having a listening party. There's no way they draw the kinds of crowds their gallery events do.

Forgive me if this was answered but how many copies does mondo let you buy at once? I'm considering gambling for that sweet variant.

There shouldn't be any gamble. Anyone who is too slow to grab the variant should have plenty of time to get the regular. I'd bet they pressed AT LEAST 3k of those.

Fair enough. I guess that I was imagining that it would draw like a screening, but it probably wouldn't.

Their gallery isn't that big. Unless they're holding it somewhere else, I couldn't see people waiting in line for hours just to grab a single variant copy that might net someone $50 on a flip, just isn't worth people's time I'm sure. Plus with a run /1000, I'd doubt Mondo pro-flippers are really sweating the online drop. Should be a breeze for those who know what they're doing.