Mailing packages to Germany issues?

flood

I shipped one package USPS priority intl to Germany on 12/17 and one package USPS priority intl to Denmark on 12/19. The package to Denmark was delivered on 1/5 and the package to Germany is still in transit. The tracking on the package to Germany doesn't have any updates since it left Miami on 12/20. The tracking on the package to Denmark has updates almost every day except for the first five days after it left Miami.

All this talk now has me very concerned for my shipment to Germany. FYI, the package that arrived safely to Denmark was a mint sealed Live After Deaf box set. Thank goodness that one arrived with no apparent problems.

Seriously, guys...neither be concerned with nor stop sending anything to Germany! It might take some time until it arrives or it's stuck at the customs! But even customs let you know when your package arrives and you're free to pick it up! If it has not been picked up (due to lazyness or parsimony), it will be sent back...

I would be really unhappy if some of you would stop trading/dealing with me because of a "1 in a 1000"-mess up! ;)

^^ I was the one he traded with, both of us ended out of a pretty nice records. Sucked big time but what can you do?

But I did ship a lot of copies of Vheissu there for some other board members when it came out earlier this year and they all got there fine.

Someone also just filed a paypal claim against me after only three weeks over on eBay. I linked this thread in my notes in the claim. Probably will only ship registered from now on to Germany, no more First Class.

Also Canada has been sucking bad lately too.

I can totally understand the frustration of some people on here. It sucks bigtime, if packages simply get lost. Depending on the value of the record, I only send packages registered abroad. But then again, that only costs 2 bucks extra, so it's not a big deal. What does registered shipping from the US to Europe cost, on average?

Oh, and douche move to open a paypal case after three weeks only. At least wait until the last day of the 45-day-claim period...

You can add on registration for like $8-$9 to any first class package. But that's usually a 50% increase in price for a single LP

If it turns out that some of the packages I am still waiting on are lost, I'd be willing to pay that extra. If I order a few more LPs, the price increase wouldn't be so bad. As for now, I still have hope that all the packages, which are on their way, still turn up with the next few days / weeks...

I shipped one package USPS priority intl to Germany on 12/17 and one package USPS priority intl to Denmark on 12/19. The package to Denmark was delivered on 1/5 and the package to Germany is still in transit. The tracking on the package to Germany doesn't have any updates since it left Miami on 12/20. The tracking on the package to Denmark has updates almost every day except for the first five days after it left Miami.

All this talk now has me very concerned for my shipment to Germany. FYI, the package that arrived safely to Denmark was a mint sealed Live After Deaf box set. Thank goodness that one arrived with no apparent problems.

Check www.dhl.de with your tracking info, they should have more info than usps.

Picked up two parcels from customs this morning

Converge - AWLWB, shipped on 12/07, i.e. more than 4 weeks in transit

Tigers Jaw Bundle, shipped on 11/28, i.e. 6 weeks in transit

Happy to finally hold these in my hand, I still blame the holidays for the recent delays...

The problem seems to be sending TO Germany, not from...

Still enough to make me worry. I've had two problems before with records from Germany. Replacements - Let It Be on blue (never showed up) and an Amy Winehouse record for my girlfriend at the time that came with all corners forced inward.

Especially with this being the most I've spent on a record ever, fingers crossed.

I don't think there is a real problem to ship to Germany or from Germany. It's a question of chance : when i order from US and if the belgian custom take the package : wait at least 6 weeks before customs package process and sometimes they destroyed the packet !!

I sent a lot of packages in Germany and they all arrived without problems. But when i must ship to France, it's real shit : more than half has been lost ! and it's the same when i order from France, more than a month to do 400 km.

well the first of the packages was received yesterday.. it was sent mid november... i should have just sent the damn thing surface mail and saved the cash

It wasn't a package sent to Germany, but my package to Australia that was sent early-mid November just arrived yesterday as well. A package I sent priority in November still hasn't arrive in Germany though. I wouldn't doubt that this is the kind of service we can expect to continue when the fees go up.

This won't help you with the orders you already sent out but it might help you with future orders. You should check out ebays new "global shipping program". From what I understand it's basically like a free international fufillment center for all your products where you are only responsible for the domestic shipping cost of sending your product to the fufillment center, where it will then be shipped overseas (with all customs forms, tariffs, etc taken care of by the fufillment center, not you). Payment for the international leg of the shipping will be handled up front and directly between the fufillment center and buyer, not you. Also my understanding is you will only be responsible for the item getting to the fufillment center, the international leg will be fully the responsibility of the fufillment center. Basically from your end it will be like shipping any other domestic order.

I haven't shipped overseas for a while now because I had the same problems as you but with this new program I might give it a shot again. Heres more info-

http://pages.ebay.com/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html