Attn: My Hardcore Brethren

Right on dude. Converge goes hard in the paint. I remember buying Jane Doe based on the cover alone, put that shit in my car and was like "what the fuck did i just discover?!" such an awesome day. 

Exactly how I felt on friday. I'm amazed that I can enjoy hardcore as much as I do and have missed out on this band for so long.

I do that a lot. I'll listen to bands, that ten years ago i couldn't stand. Like No Warning's Ill Blood...I put that shit on last week and was like, how did i not like this back in that day? Or listen to a band I never gave a listen to, that are now defunct, and wish I would have listened when they were around.

I first saw slapshot around 1994 (1993?) - their popularity was waining some then. They had put out Blast Furnace a short time before and the lack of any original members except Choke and that horrible album combined to leave them feeling weak. I loved the first couple albums but I was never that into Choke's stage antics. It was predicable that he'd take someone's beer and pour it on them and spit and general nonsense. It became predictable. They had taken to opening shows and would be in the NYC/NJ area.

I imagine I saw them 3 or 4 times, the last in 1996. I'd be curious to see them now. 

Those records are DOPE! That English Beat record has got the SUMMER JAMS!

Anyway, ya'll should check out WILD CHILD. They've got a 7" (or two) out on Deranged. Shit's CRAZY GOOD.

Check it: http://derangedrecords.bandcamp.com/album/wild-child

And here is their demo (which I kinda like better): http://fashionableactivism.blogspot.com/2011/10/wild-child-demo-2011.html

• 2 weeks later...