hottopic vinyl section down all day ?

does anyone know why the entire section of hottopic vinyl is down? trying to order 3-4 records but the selection literally has vanished and none of the morons controlling there facebook or online help can seem to answer why . anyone know why the only decent reason to ever remotely get near something hottopic related is down?

In this person's defense, there's really no way to search for this. I wouldn't think "why's HT's vinyl not there? Maybe I should read the Hot Cash thread."

So, to answer your question, HT's vinyl section is down until Hot Cash is over because Hot Topic is pissed because they lost money on it.

Please let there be peace.

In this person's defense, there's really no way to search for this. I wouldn't think "why's HT's vinyl not there? Maybe I should read the Hot Cash thread."

So, to answer your question, HT's vinyl section is down until Hot Cash is over because Hot Topic is pissed because they lost money on it.

Please let there be peace.

but i thought it was because hot topic wanted to go against flippers!!!!!!!!!11!1!!1!!

the other thread got locked so before this one does, I'm going to get my 2 cents in.

If they don't want people using it on vinyl then they should have said so BEFORE the promotion that it is not good on vinyl, not take down the vinyl section of their website when the sale starts. They can very easily take any vinyl purchases out of the promotion. Another option would be to actually have unique codes on each coupon.

I don't believe for a second this is about people flipping records. If they don't want people to flip them then don't do limited pressings on color. This is completely about them losing money on records sold with this promotion.

Lastly to the idiot who doesn't want to drive around to every mall to see if the hot topic has a vinyl section have you ever heard of a phone?

And to the guy that said hot topic only carries their own vinyl. 1) Hot Topic doesn't press records - they have some exclusive colors. 2)  They carry plenty of black records available elsewhere.

I have some legit cards and will be calling customer service to try to place an order on the phone as the store by me doesn't have the records I'd like to get.

Edit: I haven't seen themean on here in some time, but is this not bait and switch and illegal? Spend $30 to get $15 off your next purchase of $30, but we're going to remove a quarter (whatever amount) of our stock from our store during the sale period?

the other thread got locked so before this one does, I'm going to get my 2 cents in.

If they don't want people using it on vinyl then they should have said so BEFORE the promotion that it is not good on vinyl, not take down the vinyl section of their website when the sale starts. They can very easily take any vinyl purchases out of the promotion. Another option would be to actually have unique codes on each coupon.

I don't believe for a second this is about people flipping records. If they don't want people to flip them then don't do limited pressings on color. This is completely about them losing money on records sold with this promotion.

Lastly to the idiot who doesn't want to drive around to every mall to see if the hot topic has a vinyl section have you ever heard of a phone?

And to the guy that said hot topic only carries their own vinyl. 1) Hot Topic doesn't press records - they have some exclusive colors. 2) They carry plenty of black records available elsewhere.

I have some legit cards and will be calling customer service to try to place an order on the phone as the store by me doesn't have the records I'd like to get.

Edit: I haven't seen themean on here in some time, but is this not bait and switch and illegal? Spend $30 to get $15 off your next purchase of $30, but we're going to remove a quarter (whatever amount) of our stock from our store during the sale period?

Tell them. Basically everything you said was said a hundred times in the other thread. Yes, what they did is shitty, no, it's not going to change, yes, they are going to start excluding vinyl instead of taking it down, this was apparently a last minute thing. They don't do unique codes because (I assume) Hot Cash is a good way to get rid of all the shit no one wants to pay regular price for, but that they still won't lose that much on. Vinyl is usually more expensive than shirts and bracelets.

NEXT LEVEL FLIPPING.

Tell me about it, I made a killing flipping Fannie and Freddie stocks during the whole market fiasco lol Double my $$ over a weekend and paid for some of my college w/ it :P the rest went to 4 months of video games and booze lol

Hot Topic is an overall pretty stable stock to buy into, they are the mass retailer of "Counter Culture" goods, so their stock value is pretty decent and predictable. Screw running for mod....I want to be CEO now!

Hah this is the first time I've experienced this on a forum, and it's a peeve I 'spose, I didn't really think this was so much of a trafficked site to have such random first time posters registering and asking questions about topics that had been discussed at length in a thread associated with Hot Topic. 

I searched Hot Topic Vinyl, and look at that, the thread came up. 

I guess it's fun to have a goof off thread where everyone's "in" on it, but I'm not the pile on type maybe that'll change. 

Another thing fwhatyou-anything is a pretty crappy screen name, to come new on a forum with that name and not expect a little bit of ball busting is dumb you'd think you'd have a better sense of humor about it.

fwhatyoudildo: Whatever you do remember vinyl lasts longer when you don't open your records. I do this with all of mine to keep them fresh.