The Postal Service are Back!

Maybe I'm wrong, but a Postal Service concert sounds pretty boring. I'm definitely a fan, but I can't imagine it translating well live. I just imagine Ben standing and singing and Jimmy hiding behind a computer.

Exactly this. I'm going to the Pomona show with a friend that's really into them, but I can't help but have lower expectations with regards to the show, while she is ridiculously stoked. Probably doesn't help that I'm not a huge fan (don't get me wrong- I enjoy the stuff I've heard but none of it really gave me the desire to drop what I was doing and listen to more). Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Question for anyone that may know. Are the tickets sold via the band's presale being mailed out or will call?

Nevermind. Found it on the email confirmation:

Ticket Dispatch Details: Printed tickets will usually be despatched up to 14 days before the event to your account address. If you do not receive your tickets 5 working days before the event please contact us through the CrowdSurge Customer Support Centre

First show

Setlist:
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
We Will Become Silhouettes
Sleeping In
Turn Around
Nothing Better
Recycled Air
Be Still My Heart
Clark Gable
Our Secret (Beat Happening)
This Place is a Prison
There’s Never Enough Time
A Tattered Line of String
Such Great Heights
Natural Anthem

Encore:
(This is) The Dream of Evan and Chan (Dntel)
Brand New Colony

• 1 month later...

Someone shoot me a merch pic or info. Need to know for Thursday!

Dang I could have gotten a pic if you posted this yesterday. There's one that kind of looks like a blue Pacman ghost. There's one that's kinda like a cube with a different colored squares on the face (sort of Rubik's cubey), there's one with a cassette on it, and there's one that says Postal Service on it like on the font of the cover of Give Up. The last one has tour dates on the back I'm pretty sure didn't see if any of the others do.

I thought the show was good, the sound was awesome in the theater. I only wish I was able to get pit tickets, because I always think shows in theaters are sort of weird. Especially after Ra Ra Riot I wasn't sure if everybody was just gonna stay in their chairs all lifeless, but once Ben started singing everyone stood up and started moving.

• 1 month later...