The Postal Service are Back!

Valid counterpoint, but Pitchfork already announced their headliners and I think TPS would be bigger than Bjork or Belle & Sebastian. Lollapalooza seems like a shoe-in.

right. they'd headline pitchfork if they were playing. i'd be super surprised if they weren't playing lollapalooza.

Why post that they're playing other big fests like Coachella, but not Lolla? (though I understand it's a pretty long time from now and barely any acts have surfaced)

Like most big festivals, Lollapalooza announces its acts at once and the bands aren't allowed to make an announcement until the certain date, hence the gap in their schedule.

Lollapalooza will be perfect for the postal service, because there's no way in hell i'm paying $50/ticket to see ben gibbard and co rocking out behind keyboards playing 10 year old songs in an arena with horrible acoustics. i'll be all about seeing them at lolla as long as there's no conflicts.

right. they'd headline pitchfork if they were playing. i'd be super surprised if they weren't playing lollapalooza.

Like most big festivals, Lollapalooza announces its acts at once and the bands aren't allowed to make an announcement until the certain date, hence the gap in their schedule.

Lollapalooza will be perfect for the postal service, because there's no way in hell i'm paying $50/ticket to see ben gibbard and co rocking out behind keyboards playing 10 year old songs in an arena with horrible acoustics. i'll be all about seeing them at lolla as long as there's no conflicts.

I sure hope so, otherwise I'll be making a required trip to Columbus. Detroit 'sold out' super quickly so Columbus is my failsafe (for Detroit) for my failsafe (at Lolla).

e: Did anyone try the bundle? Gouging my wallet and letting it bleed pennies. $57.33 for the 3xLP shipped. Shipping alone (Priority mail) is $22.35. How impulsive to buy this instead of groceries today!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm wrong, but a Postal Service concert sounds pretty boring.  I'm definitely a fan, but I can't imagine it translating well live.  I just imagine Ben standing and singing and Jimmy hiding behind a computer.

That's exactly what I said earlier. I'd check them out at lollapalooza but I sure wouldn't pay $60 to see the, play some huge arena.

• 4 weeks later...