The Postal Service are Back!

Coachella confirmed according to billboard.com

“There are no plans to make a second record … I can’t say that enough,” he added. “I find that making music in computers involves a lot of mouse time … I don’t have an aesthetic for that… I’m much more interested in playing music than creating it.”

Coachella confirmed according to billboard.com

“There are no plans to make a second record … I can’t say that enough,” he added. “I find that making music in computers involves a lot of mouse time … I don’t have an aesthetic for that… I’m much more interested in playing music than creating it.”

man, that stinks.  really hoping after playing that music again after not performing it for quite sometime will spark some drive to want to make more of it.

even a single would be awesome.

Holy shit, I can't believe Give Up was released 10 years ago.  I really did love this record, I wish I could still listen to it without it bringing up the past.  That would be awesome if they put out a new record so I could start with scratch with them.  (Sorry, maybe that was a post that would have served better in the Man Advice thread).

• 4 weeks later...

They sold out the Barclays Center. I can't imagine this sound carrying in an arena so I passed. 

That is insane. I knew they were big but always took it as a regional thing.

does this mean that the 2xLP set is officially OOP to make room for the repress?

i tried to pick up a copy of the 2x again, considering i traded mine awhile back for something else, and found 0 copies at my local shop.

they were usually stocked with these at all times.

Why post that they're playing other big fests like Coachella, but not Lolla? (though I understand it's a pretty long time from now and barely any acts have surfaced)

Regardless, I gotta buy a pair just in case that doesn't happen, though I feel like I would rather see them indoors than out anyways. Kind of weird that most of the shows on tour are outdoors...

This means they're playing Lollapalooza. I'm very sure of it.

Isn't the Pitchfork festival around the time of this tour as well? I'm not sure if the full lineup has been announced yet but that seems sort of plausible.

Isn't the Pitchfork festival around the time of this tour as well? I'm not sure if the full lineup has been announced yet but that seems sort of plausible.

Valid counterpoint, but Pitchfork already announced their headliners and I think TPS would be bigger than Bjork or Belle & Sebastian. Lollapalooza seems like a shoe-in.

I kept getting the "you're in queue to the store" message and then after 45 minutes got dumped into the event page and said all tickets had been reserved, not sold out. Kept refreshing and after 20 minutes or so was able to secure tix for the Orlando date.

It just kept telling me there were zero tickets available for any option right at ten. My GF was in that queue so I thought maybe I was just too early, but when she got through she got the same thing. Really hope I don't get butt fucked by Live Nation or miss out and get butt fucked by scalpers.