The Postal Service - Give Up (3xLP reissue)

Received the following email response to my query about the loser edition:

"your order was placed early enough to receive the Loser edition for sure"

I placed my order around 1:45pm, so maybe other late comers can gauge by that.  As others have pointed out, it seems that there will be plenty of copies of the "loser edition" available. 

From Sub-Pop:

"Here's some details for ya - Sub Pop's limited, colored-vinyl, LOSER EDITION of this 3xLP is gonna be on red, white, and clear vinyl, respectively. This is the only colored vinyl combination that exists (one of each, all together in one package). Once the limited edition is sold out, the reissue will have all 3 pieces on black vinyl."

Via: http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/18bfxm/sub_pop_releases_a_video_for_the_new_postal/c8dhtja

Well damn. Fuck The Postal Service for posting the Cinderblock link to Facebook. I was too frantic to think that these would be available through the Sub-Pop website too. I fucking hate Cinderblock. Oh well...Only an $8 difference if I had ordered from Sub-Pop with UPS shipping. Kind of a lot, but nothing to cry over.

I could have gotten that $8 back if Cinderblock didn't have stupid fucking policies. You can't cancel a pre-order with them for whatever reason. So if I wanted that $8 back I'd have to order from Sub-Pop and then wait for my Cinderblock order to arrive and then return it to them and wait for a refund and hope they pay for me to ship it back to them. Not worth it.

Yeah sucks. I had been following this release through VC so I already had the order page open when it went live

"To the best of our knowledge at this time, no, The Postal Service is not currently working on new material. And no, "A Tattered Line of String" is not a Give Up leftover from 2003. For those of you who like details like this, this song was actually begun in 2006 and finished up in 2012." - subpop via youtube

"To the best of our knowledge at this time, no, The Postal Service is not currently working on new material. And no, "A Tattered Line of String" is not a Give Up leftover from 2003. For those of you who like details like this, this song was actually begun in 2006 and finished up in 2012." - subpop via youtube[/size]

all makes sense why gibbard gave hope to a new postal service album, (probably began writing), realized how god awful it was, gave hope again, finished the song in 2012, realized it still sucks, and then made his announcement that a new album and the postal service are never getting back together...ever.

all makes sense why gibbard gave hope to a new postal service album, (probably began writing), realized how god awful it was, gave hope again, finished the song in 2012, realized it still sucks, and then made his announcement that a new album and the postal service are never getting back together...ever.

The only problem with this theory is that just because something sucks, that still hasn't stopped him from putting it out in recent years :-P

bear801, on 12 Feb 2013 - 09:54, said:

what's funny is that if you talk to a shipping/packaging guy at Sub Pop you might be talking to Mark from Mudhoney.

knowing some people on these boards, im sure he will have his hands full.

"the release date was yesterday and i have yet to receive my record"

"hey, my record made it to me safe, but i was disappointed in the packaging"

"tracking says my item hasn't shipped yet, but the release date is approaching"

"the record release date was two days ago and i have yet to receive my record"

I've tried so many times to get into death cab but it just doesn't hold my attention past 2 or 3 songs. And I hate how some songs start out great but then get boring. Like the first track on narrow stairs, great melody and lyrics until it picks up. Sadly the only songs I like are the "radio" songs.

I've tried so many times to get into death cab but it just doesn't hold my attention past 2 or 3 songs. And I hate how some songs start out great but then get boring. Like the first track on narrow stairs, great melody and lyrics until it picks up. Sadly the only songs I like are the "radio" songs.

have you checked out their older stuff? like The Photo Album, Transatlanticism, We Have the Facts? 

Agreed. Just not my cup of tea. At least based on everything Ive heard from them.