The Postal Service - Give Up (3xLP reissue)

"The Postal Service’reunion coincides with the 10th anniversary of their lone album, 2003′s Give Up. The band is commemorating the occasion with a deluxe reissue of the album, complete with 15 bonus tracks, which include two brand new songs (!) entitled “Turn Around” and “A Tattered Line of String”. So while Ben Gibbard has no plans to record a followup, at least he’s giving you a pair of new tracks. Thanks, Gibby!

The set also includes a previously unreleased live recording, remixes, and “every other official recording the band has ever released,” as well as cover versions of The Postal Service recorded by The Shins and Iron & Wine.

The reissue was mastered by Grammy nominated engineers Emily Lazar and Joe Laporte, and will be available as a 2xCD, 3xLP and digitally on April 8th in the UK and Europe and April 9th in North America through Sub Pop. A very limited “Loser” edition of the 3xLP will be pressed on colored vinyl.

As previously reported, the band will support the reissue with an appearance at this year’s Coachella, with other concerts and festival appearances to be announced shortly.

Give Up Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition Tracklist:
Disc 1
01. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
02. Such Great Heights
03. Sleeping In
04. Nothing Better
05. Recycled Air
06. Clark Gable
07. We Will Become Silhouettes
08.This Place Is a Prison
09. Brand New Colony
10. Natural Anthem

Disc 2 (New Tracks, Rarities, B-Sides, Remixes, Cover Versions, etc.)
01. Turn Around
02. A Tattered Line of String
03. Be Still My Heart
04. There’s Never Enough Time
05. Suddenly Everything Has Changed
06. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now)
07. Grow Old With Me
08. Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix)
09. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight (DJ Downfall Persistent Beat Mix)
10. Be Still My Heart (Nobody Remix)
11. We Will Become Silhouettes (Matthew Dear Remix)
12. Nothing Better (Styrofoam Remix)
12. Recycled Air (Live on KEXP)
13. We Will Become Silhouettes (Performed by The Shins)
14. Such Great Heights (Performed by Iron and Wine)"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/01/the-postal-services-give-up-reissue-includes-new-songs-rarities/

OMG WHERE CAN I ORDER

Edit: before people cry "do we need this thread?!" the other active thread is an old thread about the original 2LP. This thread has concrete info about the new reissue and will hopefully be updated with information as it's available.

"The Postal Service’reunion coincides with the 10th anniversary of their lone album, 2003′s Give Up. The band is commemorating the occasion with a deluxe reissue of the album, complete with 15 bonus tracks, which include two brand new songs (!) entitled “Turn Around” and “A Tattered Line of String”. So while Ben Gibbard has no plans to record a followup, at least he’s giving you a pair of new tracks. Thanks, Gibby!

The set also includes a previously unreleased live recording, remixes, and “every other official recording the band has ever released,” as well as cover versions of The Postal Service recorded by The Shins and Iron & Wine.

The reissue was mastered by Grammy nominated engineers Emily Lazar and Joe Laporte, and will be available as a 2xCD, 3xLP and digitally on April 8th in the UK and Europe and April 9th in North America through Sub Pop. A very limited “Loser” edition of the 3xLP will be pressed on colored vinyl.

As previously reported, the band will support the reissue with an appearance at this year’s Coachella, with other concerts and festival appearances to be announced shortly.

Give Up Deluxe 10th Anniversary Edition Tracklist:

Disc 1

01. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight

02. Such Great Heights

03. Sleeping In

04. Nothing Better

05. Recycled Air

06. Clark Gable

07. We Will Become Silhouettes

08.This Place Is a Prison

09. Brand New Colony

10. Natural Anthem

Disc 2 (New Tracks, Rarities, B-Sides, Remixes, Cover Versions, etc.)

01. Turn Around

02. A Tattered Line of String

03. Be Still My Heart

04. There’s Never Enough Time

05. Suddenly Everything Has Changed

06. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now)

07. Grow Old With Me

08. Such Great Heights (John Tejada Remix)

09. The District Sleeps Alone Tonight (DJ Downfall Persistent Beat Mix)

10. Be Still My Heart (Nobody Remix)

11. We Will Become Silhouettes (Matthew Dear Remix)

12. Nothing Better (Styrofoam Remix)

12. Recycled Air (Live on KEXP)

13. We Will Become Silhouettes (Performed by The Shins)

14. Such Great Heights (Performed by Iron and Wine)"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/01/the-postal-services-give-up-reissue-includes-new-songs-rarities/

My favorite part of this apart from the 2 new songs...."the band will support the reissue with an appearance at this year’s Coachella, with other concerts and festival appearances to be announced shortly."

Now, that's just naughty. 

I need the loser edition of this so so so much.

Cool Story Bro: As a freshman in college I went to sundance and we got the press credentials for one night and got into a music party. I drank with Ben and Nick for a while and then ben goes "Okay, I gotta go play now"  and I watched him do a 40 minute acoustic set. It made my life. 

I'll post the picture I took if wanted.

I need the loser edition of this so so so much.

Cool Story Bro: As a freshman in college I went to sundance and we got the press credentials for one night and got into a music party. I drank with Ben and Nick for a while and then ben goes "Okay, I gotta go play now" and I watched him do a 40 minute acoustic set. It made my life.

I'll post the picture I took if wanted.

Yes