Most MEMORABLE Shows

I've never seen this topic, but if there is one you can suck your "search option".

Just a thread to share your most memorable shows that you feel lucky to have attended. I've been around the block, so many of mine are "old". Here a few...

The Smiths at the Hollywood Palladium- This was for the Meat Is Murder tour. I was right in the front and after suffering through an opener of drag queens singing show tunes and assholes in the audience spitting in their wigs I was at my breaking point. It was so packed that I tried to wiggle up to get pulled out by security, but I was stuck and I was about a foot off the ground just suspended. When they came out, I looked up at Morrissey and screamed "HELP". He just looked at me and smirked. Fucker. Finally I had to push my way sideways to escape and watch the show from the back.

Cheap Trick at Fender's Ballroom, Long Beach- Fender's was a small armpit of a punk rock venue in LB. I don't even know why Cheap Trick was playing there, it didn't make any sense. I'd been wanting to see the opener for a while, Guns 'N Roses, so I went. When GnR came out it smelled like pure junkie B.O. I was right in front of Slash's amp, which was just maybe a Marshall combo at the time. My mind was blown. They threw out copies of their newest record "Live Like A F$*%&ing Suicide" to the audience. The records got mangled and I didn't get one.

More recently- OFF! at Gilman in Berkeley- I never got the see Black Flag or Circle Jerks so this was my chance to see Keith. We drank beer at the brewery across the street and we spied the band there. My wife forced me to go over and talk to them. Met the whole band and took blurry cellphone pics, but Keith wasn't all that friendly. Probably annoyed by fanboy dorkiness. At the show my legs were pinned up against their low stage. They ended up playing their set twice. During the second set, some 300 pound dude decided to do a stage dive and landed right on top of my wife(she's a fucking trooper). You can see it all on youtube.

Fun times.

There are a couple really memorable shows for me.  

The first: When I was younger I didn't know much about music except for the records my sister left for me when she moved away.  I was just getting into writing and I really wanted to interview the band so I waited outside for the band.  Unfortunately I didn't get to meet the headliners, but I ended up befriending the opening band.  They ended up bringing me on tour with them so I could write about them.  Between shows our plane hit turbulence and every band member told one another their secrets leading to the breakup of the band.

The other:  It was a show I was part of.  I was kicked out of my band and really needed a musical outlet.  My then roommate was clashing with his girlfriend over the fact that she wanted to kick me out.  With that imposing threat in mind, I posed as a music teacher, getting a job substituting at a local prep school.  After teaching my students about the history of rock and roll, we were finally ready for the Battle of the Bands.  

The first: When I was younger I didn't know much about music except for the records my sister left for me when she moved away.  I was just getting into writing and I really wanted to interview the band so I waited outside for the band.  Unfortunately I didn't get to meet the headliners, but I ended up befriending the opening band.  They ended up bringing me on tour with them so I could write about them.  Between shows our plane hit turbulence and every band member told one another their secrets leading to the breakup of the band.

The other:  It was a show I was part of.  I was kicked out of my band and really needed a musical outlet.  My then roommate was clashing with his girlfriend over the fact that she wanted to kick me out.  With that imposing threat in mind, I posed as a music teacher, getting a job substituting at a local prep school.  After teaching my students about the history of rock and roll, we were finally ready for the Battle of the Bands.  

well played

Hopefully you played a bunch of AC/DC riffs.

I like this thread better than "Best Show You Ever Been To" because I can't pick just one. Some I will never forget.

(End of June 2007) House Show @ 90(?) Central Ave - Basement Show w/ Gaslight Anthem, Scream! Hello, Fake Problems, & Look Mexico

This was amazing because this was the first time I saw Gaslight, and had listened to Sink Or Swim for about a month straight. Amazing. Look Mexico also had a sitting party

August 2005 - Kid Dynamite and Grey Area @ CBGB's

First time I saw Kid Dynamite. Craziest I ever went for a show. Got into Grey Area shortly afterwards. Dan Yemin stagedove his elbow into my head.

3/13/09 - Propagandhi, Paint It Black, & Bridge And Tunnel @ Music Hall Of Williamsburg

First time I ever saw Propagandhi, Dan Yemin came out to sing Fuck The Border. Propagandhi played.

8/22/2004 - Face To Face - Irving Plaza

The openers sucked, but this is one of my favorite bands playing "The Only Goodbye Tour ( :rolleyes:)" Amazing hour and a half set. I think Trevor Keith spoke for a total of 5 minutes during the entire set and downed several beers without missing a beat. I also have a huge man crush on Scott Shifflet.

Shit there are some older shows I'm fuzzy about. Plenty of local ones.

My friend wanted me to go to see a band I'd never heard of at the time. I decided to secretly drop some acid and not tell anyone. When the band came on, they looked like caveman devil monsters. The singer had a face that looked like a smashed in pig's face. He said, "There's been a lot of talk about Satan. Last night, I bent Satan over and fucked him until the cum came out his nose, GWAR! GWAR! GWAR! Don't take acid and see Gwar for the first time.

I saw Sundowner before Chris had even taken the name "Sundowner". It was like $5 and a benefit to save a church that was bankrupt in Detroit. He played outside the church just standing on a some wooden boxes. Maybe 10 people in the crowd? Definitely remember getting "No Place Like a Stranger's Floor", and I think that was the only time I ever heard that in 8 or so times seeing him or the Lawrence Arms.

Favorite all time show was Gaslight opening for Dead To Me opening for the Draft around 2008.

I saw Myspace (lol) Secret Shows for Weezer and +44. Those were both amazing, especially +44 as they turned away people at 125 - I was 123.

The Matches final show. Totally crazy, sad and amazing show.

I'm looking forward to Myspace secret shows, now that I have an inside connection. Pushing them to do a Gaslight Anthem one.