Instrumental bands...

mrewest

I know there is an "instrumental recommendation" thread out there but I just spent 5 min searching and couldn't find it. I've posted in it before so I know it exists. So whoever can find it, please post the link.

But until then, I just want to post that Collapse Under the Empire is one of the best bands I've come across lately. "Shoulders and Giants" is incredible. As is their newest "Fragments of a Prayer".

Anyone got any good instrumental recommendations? Possibly similar to C.U.T.E.?

I already love the following as well...

ITTCT

Caspian

Cloudkicker

Gifts From Enola (although not really just instrumental at this point)

Russian Circles

Jakob

Leech

The End of the Ocean

And lately I've listened to pg.lost's "Key" which is real solid.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Message to bears

A silver mount Zion

Withyouathome

As mountains

Lowercase noises

The echelon effect

Sparrow

This patch of sky

Across the waves

Wang wen

Sleep stream

The shaking sensations

NOMADS

gather your quiet

Sunlight ascending

Arms and sleepers

Moonlit sailor

I hear sirens

Goonies never say die

Last lungs

Kokomo

abovetheearth, I don't expect a song from each of those bands listed, but if u want to give me a top 5-10 I'll check out what I can.

I have a Rhapsody trial ending in a few days so I need to get my money's worth (if any if that stuff is available on there).

Hope you can find them. I picked some that should be more available than the others on my list.

The calm blue sea

Giants

Deadhorse

Beware of safety

Daturah

Pelican

NOMADS

'Hannibal Montana' are some very awesome dudes from around new york area who make tight instrumental shit.  

Also once when I saw strung out, something happened to jason mid set and they did about 5 songs instrumental and it was so awesome, I wish they would record something.

Holy shit. I had the pleasure of seeing them when I was on tour last month and they are honestly the only band I have ever watched where my jaw was just sinking into the floor the entire time. They were incredible and so insanely tight. I had trouble digesting what I was seeing.

How has Mogwai not been mentioned yet?

Holy shit. I had the pleasure of seeing them when I was on tour last month and they are honestly the only band I have ever watched where my jaw was just sinking into the floor the entire time. They were incredible and so insanely tight. I had trouble digesting what I was seeing.

How has Mogwai not been mentioned yet?

Yeah I've seen them live a few times and they fucking own.  Are you talking about the brooklyn show in that shady bar? because that was a fantastic gig / night out.