Cleveland/Akron VC (or surrounding areas in NE Ohio)

sspeck

Hudson is a solid little city in Ohio. Right next to me in Streetsboro but it's literally the opposite of the 'Boro. Streetsboro is like hick town while Hudson is such a yuppie place. But downtown hudson is a nice little gem. Awesome restaurants, nice little shops, and aesthetically pleasing.

Hey! I lived in Hudson ya jerk!

Never been to record den. I used to frequent ultrasound when it was open. Loved that place

The problem with UltraSound is that Gary (the owner) was a dick.  If you were looking for something that he had no interest in, he didnt care to help you.  I bought tons of great music off the guy when he was open, but his attitude and prices were his demise.

The problem with UltraSound is that Gary (the owner) was a dick.  If you were looking for something that he had no interest in, he didnt care to help you.  I bought tons of great music off the guy when he was open, but his attitude and prices were his demise.

never ran into him that much.  there was always a chick behind the desk.  i didn't go that often because i would frequent chris' warped records more and it was a bit of a drive.

prices seemed alright though.  i used to go a lot in '03 so i assume prices were pretty reasonable for the time.

I'm in Cincinnati, but I make it up to Cleveland and Akron a couple times a year. The weekend of Feb.28th - March 2nd is the Ohio Pinball Expo in Cuyahoga Falls, I'll be up there for that! Hopefully I'll get to Melt during that trip too.

Yea C-Falls is like 45mins from the Melt in Clevo Hts. I go to C-Falls every weekend when I'm home too :P

Yea C-Falls is like 45mins from the Melt in Clevo Hts. I go to C-Falls every weekend when I'm home too :P

I've been to 3 different Melt locations (I think a 4th is now open). The one we would go to on this trip would be the one furthest south. You guys up north should consider coming to the pinball expo, $15 all you can play all day long!

This pinball expo sounds awesome! Can you post a link for more details?

http://ohiopinballshow.com/

Went last year with a couple friends and had a blast. Almost came home with a Batman pinball machine. Was kind of hoping to be in a place (financially) to do that this year, but my tax return isn't looking very promising.

I see that the pinball show says they have jukeboxes. Does anybody that's been there know what that's about?

I remember seeing a few, but didn't pay much attention to them. The site has a buy/sell page where people will start to post what they will have there closer to the date, and not everything makes it onto that page.