PO: Shone - Heat Thing

I jumped on the Tier 1 package. Limited to only 150 I have a feeling this thing will sell out once people finally see them in concert and have a better idea what is going on. And if it doesn't end up selling out then I have until April 30th to cancel... I see it as a win/win. That freaking $23 shipping is killer though. Ended up being like $93 total shipped to CA

i DID appreciate these videos though; scanned through a couple and it seems pretty clear by every face in the room that they WANT to like it, and will more than likely convince themselves they do, but they don't. 

this band sounds like a bastard child of Modest Mouse, Bauhaus, and half of the soundtrack to The Crow. without that scene of him shreddin' on the roof.

after my initial hatred I tried listening to baby shakes/piano wire some more.

without the vocals I'd actually be really into it. the whole pompous over-theatrical singing thing just kills it for me.

after my initial hatred I tried listening to baby shakes/piano wire some more.

without the vocals I'd actually be really into it. the whole pompous over-theatrical singing thing just kills it for me.

It is a bit much, I'm quite interested in seeing their live performance though.

Guest tms2787

Wasn't (or isn't) Vinnie's brother in Robbers? And people didn't go crazy for that and act stupid. Derreck is in Sainthood Reps and people didn't blow that up. For some reason I think people felt this might be the new Brand New record and that's why it got so much attention.

Wasn't (or isn't) Vinnie's brother in Robbers? And people didn't go crazy for that and act stupid. Derreck is in Sainthood Reps and people didn't blow that up. For some reason I think people felt this might be the new Brand New record and that's why it got so much attention.

You're right. I saw Robbers open for Brand New and the crowd was kind of underwhelmed, though I liked them. I went to a Sainthood Reps show and there were like 6 people there who weren't in bands. This was able to stir up hype because of the mystery and adventure factor. If this didn't have the videos and whatnot, people wouldn't have cared. If they don't keep that aspect up, they'll fall pretty far.

That being said, I don't dislike the music. I am still super stoked to see how the show goes.