PO: Shone - Heat Thing

I don't hate it. I don't love it. I genuinely need to listen to it some more. I'm glad that we can discuss this like mature adults, unlike those crazy kids over at AP.net. Yikers.

what's going on over there? Screw that place. can I get a summary?

Guest tms2787

You're a dick. No you're a dick. You're all a dick. American Dream telling everyone to fuck off. People defending him. Him canceling orders. Some actual Shone talk.

I am wondering when -ACA will chime in with his wonderful words of wisdom. One of the biggest tools on APbet.

Shipping for only the LP was $12.60 to Canada.

Edit: Which is more than reasonable.

I ended up caving for the tier 1 package...something like $39 shipping to Canada. I bit it because I was a few drinks deep. So far having listened to the album a couple times now though I really enjoy it, it's a little over the top in Baby Shakes and Bestial and sounds like a strung out version of The Matches, but overall the songs are pretty well written instrumentally and production is great. Love the drum layering/panning.

just listened to the whole thing. The sound of this album isn't what I would normally listen too but I was very surprised because I actually found myself enjoying it. Not sure if I enjoy it enough to keep my order for the Tier 1 package. However, it was a nice background music/spending a night in album. I actually like the vocals weirdly enough and I'm not sure why, just something different than the whiney pop-punk I've been listening to on repeat the last 10 years I guess.

it just seems ridiculous that there are two discussions of the very same going on right now.

this thread is for the pre-order, which i'm pretty sure has been eaten up by anyone who was going to bite.

id suggest just merging the two together, and putting it in the vinyl section since theres a PO now. 

Guest realtalk

just listened to the whole thing. The sound of this album isn't what I would normally listen too but I was very surprised because I actually found myself enjoying it. Not sure if I enjoy it enough to keep my order for the Tier 1 package. However, it was a nice background music/spending a night in album. I actually like the vocals weirdly enough and I'm not sure why, just something different than the whiney pop-punk I've been listening to on repeat the last 10 years I guess.

I think there have been a few other non-whiney-pop-punk albums that have come out in the last ten years that might've helped you diversify your listening experience.

But sure, hop on this... way to take that giant leap outside of your comfort zone!

KIDZ / LOLZ