PO: Shone - Heat Thing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It wasn't supposed to be shipped until the 30th and they let everyone know almost a month ahead of time that it was pushed back a whole week. What disappoints you about that?

i just thought it would be a lot better, so i grabbed the tier one. 

i hadn't been actively been following it since then, so i didn't realize that the shipping had been delayed until i came across this thread.  

the lack of interest in this AFTER the music was released is crazy.

the hype was just too good. it's just a shame that everyone (myself included) soured the second we learned it wasn't actually brand new.

but i listened again a couple nights ago, and i do like this album. i mostly ordered this for the sake of adding to my brand new collection in the same sense that i got bad books I for the sake of my kevin devine collection.

but having listened to the album 4 or 5 times now, i can tell that i'm going to be happy owning this.

first impression, i found the vocals to be ugly and grating. vocals are a very big deal to me, and this just wasn't doing it.

but i also found vocals to be ugly and grating when first listening to ariel pink, neutral milk hotel, and even kevin devine.

i'm certainly not ready to put shone on the same level as any of them. but maybe they're one of those bands that you just have to *get*.

• 3 weeks later...