What's your latest purchase?

Just to play devil's advocate -- there are technically proper applications in 2 channel set ups for subwoofers, such as running L/R pre-outs to the sub (as opposed to an LFE connection) which would keep the signal 2.0 instead of 2.1. Most loudspeakers can only produce frequencies down to 45 or 40Hz and subs can handle the 20-40Hz range which most speakers can't, which would be the argument for using one.

Now of course, the vast majority of music is not mixed with such low frequencies... this would only apply to movies and extremely bass-heavy electronic and hip-hop music. My guess is wbhendrix's crossover is set way to high on the sub which is giving him that rumble that would make any other person on this forum's ears bleed. Also, to turn the gain or volume on the Dynamo 700 past halfway (especially if the crossover is set too high) would make any source absolutely unlistenable to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Rega RP6 with Ortofon 2M Black... quite possible heypeterman is who sold it to me, and did the complete setup as well :)

I am very happy with it! This was an upgrade from a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with the 2M Blue. Next will be the phono-pre for sure, currently running a Cambridge Azur 551P.

Rega RP6 with Ortofon 2M Black... quite possible heypeterman is who sold it to me, and did the complete setup as well :)

I am very happy with it! This was an upgrade from a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon with the 2M Blue. Next will be the phono-pre for sure, currently running a Cambridge Azur 551P.

There's nothing really wrong with the 551 but if you were going up from there the 651 is a step up that offers MC as well.

Other than that and as a preference I'd go Musical Fidelity or possibly Rega.

Indeed, that was me. Glad you're liking it! :)

There's nothing really wrong with the 551 but if you were going up from there the 651 is a step up that offers MC as well.

Other than that and as a preference I'd go Musical Fidelity or possibly Rega.

I'm thinking long term investment so I've got my eye on the Graham Slee Era Gold MK V MM... after yesterday it'll be a little while before I can pick that up though :D

So, what are your thoughts?

My dealer is in Germany... So I just got it today! Even with about an hour on it, I like it much better than the Denon 103. Do I like it better than the 2M Blue? Give me some time.

Good lord it's the biggest cartridge I've ever seen. Before I adjusted my VTA, the stylus touched the record before even lowering the arm!

Cardas tonearm re-wire kit.

I was having some hum issues, noticed the right channel ground was super loose. Decided to just replace all the wire.

I've done lots of re wires with Cardas wire and can't recommend it enough. A surprisingly easy job if you are technical but not to be recommended if you are a bit digit challenged.

Nice! That Sprout amp turned out great (at least visually), how does it perform?

It is a noticeable jump up from my cheap hifi setup thats for sure. Looks great, puts out enough power for my floor standing speakers, the DAC is really, really good and it drives my HP's pretty well (AKGK702's). The real surprise was bluetooth, synced up easily and sounded amazing - will be utilising that feature more now that I can stream from my computer