What's your latest purchase?

I finally have my setup done. In addition to this I have a sonos play 5 in the dining room, a sonos play 1 in the kitchen, a sonos play 1 in the master bathroom, and a sonos connect hooked up to my home theater set up. I can now play records throughout the house. The plan is to set up the outdoor patio pool area to have outdoor speakers, but that will probably wait till next summer. 

Denon DP300-F

Sonos Connect Amp

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 

Wharfedale Diamond Speaker Stands

28k36ah.jpg

Just got some Isonoe feet for my Technics 1210, I'm hoping they'll help cobat the audible footfalls and occasional skips my kids cause when they're charging around the house. Too soon to say if they work but they're really well engineered and constructed.

So these didn't work out at all. If anything they made the springy effect of my wood floors worse. I wish I could wall mount my table but my setup is against a hollow wall that holds a pocket door so there are no studs to attach to. Any other bright ideas out there?

Yesterday, my quest to research headphone amps led me, through a series of misadventures, to buy a very clean looking Marantz PM8004 for $500.  (it DOES have a headphone output, afterall...) It should show up Tuesday.  The intervention is scheduled for later in the week.

My PM8004 arrived yesterday.  The thing looks brand new.  I couldn't find a single fingerprint and the remote control batteries were still in the wrapper.

Build quality-wise, everything about it feels different than the PM6004/PM5004 models.  The buttons, switches, knobs, pots all feel more mechanical/solid and the thing is heavy.  A good 10 pounds heavier than the other two.

My listening area is sort of in shambles at the moment so I have not been able to take full advantage of the new toys, but I can tell that it is a clear step up in quality over the PM6004.

Once I get my living room sorted out, I will get some new setup pictures up.

• 2 weeks later...

So today at work, we noticed that the B&W CM Series 2 speakers dropped into our assortment.  We also noticed that the employee pricing on the bookshelf speakers were priced so ridiculously low it almost seemed like a system error, which wouldn't be the first time since the price is based of the cost and sometimes the cost is miscalculated as there hasn't been a real purchase order created yet.  The company is also real quick to correct those types of things.

Anyway, I picked up a pair of CM6 S2 bookshelf speakers.  Should be here in about a week.  I've never been a guy to blind buy speakers, EVER, but...

i-ll-make-him-an-offer-he-can-t-refuse.j

After wanting a vacuum record cleaner for about 15 years, I bought one of these. 

http://www.audioadvisor.com/Record-Doctor-V-Record-Cleaning-Machine-US-115v/productinfo/RDV/#.VADxIGOKL7M

It's going to arrive tomorrow.

Also, this thing looks awesome.  I have been wanting one for a while and will definitely look into this!

So today at work, we noticed that the B&W CM Series 2 speakers dropped into our assortment. We also noticed that the employee pricing on the bookshelf speakers were priced so ridiculously low it almost seemed like a system error, which wouldn't be the first time since the price is based of the cost and sometimes the cost is miscalculated as there hasn't been a real purchase order created yet. The company is also real quick to correct those types of things.

Anyway, I picked up a pair of CM6 S2 bookshelf speakers. Should be here in about a week. I've never been a guy to blind buy speakers, EVER, but...

i-ll-make-him-an-offer-he-can-t-refuse.j

How much?

• 2 weeks later...

I got in The Vinyl Flat the other day and I finally used it today. I first grabbed a "Very Best of Gordon Lightfoot" record I picked up at Amoeba for $1. It had a pretty decent sized warp in it that made my needle jump up and down, so I thought considering the price it would be a good first record to heat up and fix. 3 hours later (including cooking and cooling down), I have a much smoother playing record. It's not completely flat (I'm sure if I left it in there for a bit longer, it would've been better) but I'm content with it. I'm going to test it on a couple more older albums like "Let It Bleed" and "Off the Wall" (both got for pretty cheap but very warped) then a "Slanted and Enchanted" I got at Urban Outfitters that is a wobbly mess before I give it my full seal of approval but so far I'm happy. 

Cool.  Any noticeable pitch changes while listening after the heating process?

I only heard it on my bookshelf speakers and they're not the best sounding. I'll play it through my headphones later and let you know if I notice any. But to my ears it sounded fine.