What's your latest purchase?

I bought one a couple of years ago, I was getting a lot of vinyl coming from overseas and arriving warped and this seemed a better long term option than the cost and aggravation of sending them back. It also helps having my parents living in the US so no international postage charges and a good $ £ rate.

I bought the heating pouch as well and have found it to be a superb thing although now I have it it's like an insurance policy and I haven't had a warped record in ages.

In use after a bit of experimentation I found the times in the instructions were not really long enough so I now leave the record heating over night and then let the whole thing cool while I am at work before I take it out.

This mornings boot fair (garage sale) purchase Schrödinger’s Cassette deck, still sealed up from new

So do I open it or not?

I couldn't hold out any longer, I've opened it and am using it, this inherent weakness of will gets me into a lot of trouble but on the upside it's many a year since I've had to burn in a brand new cassette deck and it's quite nice having one that's remote control.

So today at work, we noticed that the B&W CM Series 2 speakers dropped into our assortment.  We also noticed that the employee pricing on the bookshelf speakers were priced so ridiculously low it almost seemed like a system error, which wouldn't be the first time since the price is based of the cost and sometimes the cost is miscalculated as there hasn't been a real purchase order created yet.  The company is also real quick to correct those types of things.

Anyway, I picked up a pair of CM6 S2 bookshelf speakers.  Should be here in about a week.  I've never been a guy to blind buy speakers, EVER, but...

I actually just heard these today.  They sound huge.

Where do you work?

I actually just heard these today. They sound huge.

Where do you work?

I'm a manager for a Magnolia Home Theater, and yes, they sound absolutely phenomenal.

15169477426_5bca48960d_c.jpg

I just picked them up and set them up yesterday, and I am completely blown away. I was always reluctant to switch from floorstandings to bookshelves, but this is such a gigantic sonic upgrade I know I'll be using these speakers for years to come. Everything from music to movies is so much more detailed with much better imaging. Very happy with my purchase.

15189468721_4d42a45b1a_c.jpg

Some quick definitions:

Active Bi-Amping: Using two amps connected via a crossover to power each "half" of your bi-wirable speaker terminals.

Passive Bi-Amping:Using two amps to power each "half" of your bi-wirable speaker terminals.

Bi-Wiring: Using one amp wired to both halves of your bi-wirable speaker terminal.

Sorry I was mistaken, no active crossover, just passively bi-amping... for now

I was just asking out of interest really. I ran active for quite a while and am missing it to be honest, it really did add some separation that's missing now.

My current set up is 3 way, my active crossover is 2 way and I don't really want to make another crossover and don't have enough power amps anyway.

When I built my speakers I used 2 way passive crossovers for the mid and high and single passive LF crossovers for the low so I have considered removing the crossovers for the LF and then driving them as sort of active/passive hybrids but am not sure how well it will work.

Which Modi did you get? USB or optical? Initial impressions?

I got the USB. This is my first DAC/Amp stack and I was absolutely blown away when I listened to various albums I (use to) know every note to at 320kb and FLAC, and I was hearing notes I've never heard. Everything was so balanced and crystal clear. So glad I made the investment. 

NEW rig coming this week! I ordered a salamander designs A3 to hold it from simplesandstore and had to call salamander. Apparently they forgot the hardware! All I got was rods and shelves! Dude at salamander overnighted the stuff and was like god damnnit....I asked him what was wrong and he mentioned 3 new employees in shipping so that would explain the missing parts. HAHAHAHA! Anyways Im excited to get this setup and also added a rega rp6 with orto black cart to the mix...considering the setup I had, this will be a vastly immense improvement.

So I just replaced all the cables in my vinyl playback system with Morrow Audio cables. I'm not really a "cable guy", but a friend lent me a couple if pairs of MA1's to check out. I was very impressed with what I heard as a lower noise floor, less distortion, and a pleasing EQ change. So I went ahead and bought a pair of MA3's and a pair of MA4's used during a sale. I finally completed the change over with the arrival of a PH4 pair. I haven't tried them yet, because I want to do a swap out test with BJC's I'm currently using.

I feel like the music is cleaner, especially in the mid range, which allows me to turn it up a lot louder without my music sounding harsh, which is awesome as my system really opens up at about 12 o'clock on the dial. This may be the "smearing" that Marrow Audio talks about on their web page, but I wouldn't really know why, I just know what I hear.

A little about Marrow, their cable theory is similar to ANTI cable, but they go a step or two further. The cables are not cheap or for the entry level penny pincher, but they are constantly running sales and I was very impressed with even the MA1, so you don't HAVE to go all out to get more from your system. The cables require an obscene amount of break-in. I'll let you decide whether or not that's truthful or voodoo.

Anyway, very recommended. Check them out at their website. morrowaudio.com

*Not a paid spokesperson or advertisement. ;)

So I just replaced all the cables in my vinyl playback system with Morrow Audio cables. I'm not really a "cable guy", but a friend lent me a couple if pairs of MA1's to check out. I was very impressed with what I heard as a lower noise floor, less distortion, and a pleasing EQ change. So I went ahead and bought a pair of MA3's and a pair of MA4's used during a sale. I finally completed the change over with the arrival of a PH4 pair. I haven't tried them yet, because I want to do a swap out test with BJC's I'm currently using.

I feel like the music is cleaner, especially in the mid range, which allows me to turn it up a lot louder without my music sounding harsh, which is awesome as my system really opens up at about 12 o'clock on the dial. This may be the "smearing" that Marrow Audio talks about on their web page, but I wouldn't really know why, I just know what I hear.

A little about Marrow, their cable theory is similar to ANTI cable, but they go a step or two further. The cables are not cheap or for the entry level penny pincher, but they are constantly running sales and I was very impressed with even the MA1, so you don't HAVE to go all out to get more from your system. The cables require an obscene amount of break-in. I'll let you decide whether or not that's truthful or voodoo.

Anyway, very recommended. Check them out at their website. morrowaudio.com

*Not a paid spokesperson or advertisement. ;)

Morrow Audio cables are very nice!  Everyone is a "Cable Guy" but some just don't know it yet.  For sure, there is no voodoo about signal transmission.  Congrats on the upgrade!