THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

I used to live in Wantagh. I heard you can't drive to Jones Beach anymore.

Whoa, small world dude. I wouldn't know, I haven't been in forever. Dunno if that's true or not but its the first I've heard of that for sure haha.

I frequent the beaches out east more often. Not by choice, just that more of my friends lived out there haha.

Whoa, small world dude. I wouldn't know, I haven't been in forever. Dunno if that's true or not but its the first I've heard of that for sure haha.

I frequent the beaches out east more often. Not by choice, just that more of my friends lived out there haha.

Yeah, from Sandy. Not sure how true it is because my mom heard it from someone whose sister lives there, but that's what she said.

We're getting sent a reel to reel through the mail (150 in shipping since it's so big) - not interested in that Beatles one, obviously, but the listing did send me down a wormhole to other albums on the format. Stoked to hook it up!

Nice dude, what model? If you need any help with it or have questions, just ask me, I'm more than glad to be of assistance.

For 150 shipping I really hope they do a good job packing it. There isn't a single tape deck I've received that hasn't been damaged in some way during shipping.

Also, think about investing a bill or two into having a local tech look it over, realign it, recalibrate it, check it out... It's well worth it, trust me on this. I've learned the hard way that tape machines aren't just something you can tinker around with if you're usually good with these kinda things, and still expect to work properly. Unfortunately. They're complex little beasts.

The best eBay entertainment. This one's available for $19 at SC still: http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=i+bet+on+sky+splatter&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Anyone ever just make a listing on eBay that has a link to the store that has it in stock to stop dummies overbidding for that record?

What i dont understand is that surely the seller must know that hes not going to get that for it. Now, i know nothing about this band, but i just searched on popsike (like you would, no?) and the highest sale of this record was a test press of this that sold for $204. So why would you think that you'll get $1000 for this? Also, theres no description at all on his listing. Am i missing something or is this guy just hoping to get lucky? Please enlighten me? :)

I'm starting to lose my hair over listings like this as I've been searching like a madman for this record for 2 months now, how the FUCK does this slip through the cracks?

According to popsike this was sitting on sale FOR OVER A WEEK? I'm guessing a buy it now. Popsike's average on this is like $150. 

How did this not pop up after I search Demon Days 3-4 times a day for the past 60 days? 

http://www.popsike.com/Gorillaz-Demon-Days-12-ins-vinyl-x-2-Damon-Albarn-Blur/121069020170.html

I guess another thing that drives me nuts is I can't get the link to the eBay listing from popsike. No eBay list # or anything. 

Am I doing something wrong??

I'm starting to lose my hair over listings like this as I've been searching like a madman for this record for 2 months now, how the FUCK does this slip through the cracks?

According to popsike this was sitting on sale FOR OVER A WEEK? I'm guessing a buy it now. Popsike's average on this is like $150. 

How did this not pop up after I search Demon Days 3-4 times a day for the past 60 days? 

http://www.popsike.com/Gorillaz-Demon-Days-12-ins-vinyl-x-2-Damon-Albarn-Blur/121069020170.html

I guess another thing that drives me nuts is I can't get the link to the eBay listing from popsike. No eBay list # or anything. 

Am I doing something wrong?

It was on ebay UK http://r.ebay.com/DRY9sO

It was on ebay UK http://r.ebay.com/DRY9sO

Pardon the ridiculous amount of question marks...

So to get deals like this you gotta search eBays in every section of the world?

How many different countries have different listings? Is there an index?

And do most people do this? Is there a universal eBay where they're all together?

So frustrating. Just seems like you'd never be able to see what's really out there unless you search every single countries site from all over the world. Practically impossible. 

just get email alerts for gorillaz demon days in records from ebay.com & ebay.co.uk

ain't no thang bra. ya ain't gotta do shit.

Thanks for the reply. I apologize if I'm a bit dim-witted, but I think I may have just recently realized how limited I've been in my searches. 

So are there only 2 eBay sites for the world? Or are there several more like Amazon?

For example, from what I've learned, Amazon has a .com for America, a .ca for canada, a .it for Italy, etc., and I'm sure it goes on for ages.  Are there 20+ sites for a bunch of random countries throughout the world for eBay too?

It just kills me that I've been bidding up the ass for this, and if I just searched better I could have grabbed a deal. 

yeah i'm pretty sure there's an australian one too... and a russian one... idk really.

however, here is the thing, if the sellers select to do international shipping (or shipping specifically to the USA) their listing WILL show up on your searches on ebay.com

so even if you find a copy of demon days on ebay.co.uk that wasn't on ebay.com, you'd have to message the dude before auction end and negotiate out international shipping/see if he'll even do it.

yeah i'm pretty sure there's an australian one too... and a russian one... idk really.

however, here is the thing, if the sellers select to do international shipping (or shipping specifically to the USA) their listing WILL show up on your searches on ebay.com

so even if you find a copy of demon days on ebay.co.uk that wasn't on ebay.com, you'd have to message the dude before auction end and negotiate out international shipping/see if he'll even do it.

Russian one sucks balls. Like only 50% of fuctions work.

What i dont understand is that surely the seller must know that hes not going to get that for it. Now, i know nothing about this band, but i just searched on popsike (like you would, no?) and the highest sale of this record was a test press of this that sold for $204. So why would you think that you'll get $1000 for this? Also, theres no description at all on his listing. Am i missing something or is this guy just hoping to get lucky? Please enlighten me? :)

Maybe he is selling another one under a differnt name and is trying to drive up the price

Am I doing something wrong??

Dude. This has happened to me a couple of times. I check both ebay.co.uk and .com. For some reason not all the saved searches ive made on UK site get picked up on US site and vice versa. It does sometimes, but not always. So when i search items i take the time to check both sites. Its a pain in the ass but its the only way to be sure. My conclusion is its all down to the sellers listing preferences.

However, when i listed some items to ship WORLDWIDE a while back from ebay.es (its really shiiit!) it didnt come up on when i searched using the UK/COM sites... at all. I cant figure it out. Hence why i dont sell on ebay. This has nothing to do with what you're asking. I apologise for my ramblings... i guess im just venting some frustration too!

So yeah, my conclusion is check everything, everywhere, everyday. Its the only way to be sure!