THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Thanks for the reply. I apologize if I'm a bit dim-witted, but I think I may have just recently realized how limited I've been in my searches. 

So are there only 2 eBay sites for the world? Or are there several more like Amazon?

For example, from what I've learned, Amazon has a .com for America, a .ca for canada, a .it for Italy, etc., and I'm sure it goes on for ages.  Are there 20+ sites for a bunch of random countries throughout the world for eBay too?

It just kills me that I've been bidding up the ass for this, and if I just searched better I could have grabbed a deal. 

I make sure my eBay saved searches are set to 'worldwide' so all items come through email. You don't have to go saving searches on different eBay sites like I've seen people mention already.

Another thing is that item ended for 65 pounds which is about $100 USD. When you factor in the high cost of International shipping, it wasn't a steal or anything. Hope this makes you feel better about missing it. 

I make sure my eBay saved searches are set to 'worldwide' so all items come through email. You don't have to go saving searches on different eBay sites like I've seen people mention already.

Another thing is that item ended for 65 pounds which is about $100 USD. When you factor in the high cost of International shipping, it wasn't a steal or anything. Hope this makes you feel better about missing it. 

Is that 'worldwide' saving option new? Only because i saved a new search a couple of days ago and when i looked at it it had 'worldwide' after the name of the item i was saving the search for. Ive never seen this before and i dont know how i did it!

Is that 'worldwide' saving option new? Only because i saved a new search a couple of days ago and when i looked at it it had 'worldwide' after the name of the item i was saving the search for. Ive never seen this before and i dont know how i did it!

Not new at all.

I noticed your location says that you're in Spain. The way the US eBay site works is a little different. 

How I do it is I search for the item I want to put on my saved searches list and I choose to look at all (worldwide) listings. Then I save the search and it will save it with worldwide listings included. This may sound a bit confusing but it's how I do it.

Not new at all.

I noticed your location says that you're in Spain. The way the US eBay site works is a little different. 

How I do it is I search for the item I want to put on my saved searches list and I choose to look at all (worldwide) listings. Then I save the search and it will save it with worldwide listings included. This may sound a bit confusing but it's how I do it.

Yeah im in Spain. But ebay.es blows. I always use .com or uk.

Ive just had a look on ebay.com and see what you mean. i cant believe ive never noticed that 'worldwide' search option. And now looking on .co.uk theres a plethora of options. Ive been wasting my life!!! Thanks man! Now i have to go a re-save all my searches!!

Come on people, stop lining these shit heads pockets. My favorite part is "The jacket is in supreme condition, and I have never spun the wax.  This has been my prized possession and has been safely hanging on my wall since that night."

I never buy signed stuff unless it doesn't cost me more than it would to buy an unsigned copy. I have a few Manics items I've gotten that way back when I was trying to buy up as much of their stuf as I can over every format.

I got the test. One of my white whales! but a big shout out goes to circle takes the square and horse the band and the gaslight anthem. If it wasn't for you guys having such expensive records I wouldnt have made all that ebay money only to give right back to someone else on ebay haha. 

I got the test. One of my white whales! but a big shout out goes to circle takes the square and horse the band and the gaslight anthem. If it wasn't for you guys having such expensive records I wouldnt have made all that ebay money only to give right back to someone else on ebay haha. 

props.

Nice man, congrats!

I never buy signed stuff unless it doesn't cost me more than it would to buy an unsigned copy. I have a few Manics items I've gotten that way back when I was trying to buy up as much of their stuf as I can over every format.

I have a few signed records, but I kinda wish none of them were. As cool as it is to have Andrew W.K.'s autograph, I don't want it obscuring his bloody face.

Yeah im in Spain. But ebay.es blows. I always use .com or uk.

Ive just had a look on ebay.com and see what you mean. i cant believe ive never noticed that 'worldwide' search option. And now looking on .co.uk theres a plethora of options. Ive been wasting my life!!! Thanks man! Now i have to go a re-save all my searches!!

Cool, glad my post helped you.

The only exception to my no buying of autographs rule is things with Richey Edwards' (Manic Street Preachers) signature on it. Mainly 'cause if you get anything post '95 that's signed by him, you've either got a fake or you've found him after 18 years, and a lot of times, people are skeptical, and don't always run the bidding up. UNfortunately, the only piece of vinyl I ever had signed by him, I had to sell off. Never getting rid of the cd of the first album i have signed by the full band, though.

The only exception to my no buying of autographs rule is things with Richey Edwards' (Manic Street Preachers) signature on it. Mainly 'cause if you get anything post '95 that's signed by him, you've either got a fake or you've found him after 18 years, and a lot of times, people are skeptical, and don't always run the bidding up. UNfortunately, the only piece of vinyl I ever had signed by him, I had to sell off. Never getting rid of the cd of the first album i have signed by the full band, though.

Im going to listen to The Holy Bible tonight, thanks

Im going to listen to The Holy Bible tonight, thanks

The Canadian/North American pressing of that album (cd) was one of the things I brought to the band to get signed when they did their North American tour in '09. Only because logistically, Richey couldn't have signed it anyway, so I now consider it fully signed.

Nicky gave me back my copy of the Feminine Is Beautiful sleeve and just said "that's worth quite a bit now, isn't it?"

"I'm never going to find out" was my answer.