THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

wasn't sure what you meant, then saw Bob Marley-Legend on tricolor for $99.99. Like what in the fuck.

She lists stuff still selling in stores for 3-4 times the amount... no joke!

Fingers crossed for a repress.

Also, where do people get the money to drop half a grand on one record?

Can we all one day just tweet to them all day nonstop about this record and get it repressed??? Preferably the day when the auction ends...Maybe if they get a thousand tweets about it one day they will make sure it's repressed sooner than later.

Is that a 3rd state (has it been peeled)? It looks so good, I would say it's a first state.

Hang on to it. According to Wiki, the value of the record has gone up 100% in value every year since the 70's.

My mom and her brother bought a bunch of them when it first came out and peeled them (very well but still). Back then it was way cooler to have the butcher cover than the boring cover. She's kept it in great shape though. Very little to no glue residue. Not sure if that makes a difference but I've heard that the peeled ones aren't worth as much.

Some of these items are not all that 'cray'.  Some are funny and some are jokes but a couple hundred bucks for an album that you really want is not all that much and not sure why it is in the ebaycray thread.

If you are rich, a couple hundred bucks for an album may not be all that much. Rich people buy crazy things and spend crazy amounts of money on things.

Coheed is my favorite band but I could never justify spending over $500 on IKSSE3 unless I was a millionaire many times over. There are too many other great records out there that you can buy for $10-30. The people that do pay the crazy prices continue to push up record prices to levels that seem a "bit crazy" and they will only get higher...which is why some of these prices seem normal to you now.  I hope this explanation helped you understand the thread.

If you are rich, a couple hundred bucks for an album may not be all that much. Rich people buy crazy things and spend crazy amounts of money on things.

Coheed is my favorite band but I could never justify spending over $500 on IKSSE3 unless I was a millionaire many times over. There are too many other great records out there that you can buy for $10-30. The people that do pay the crazy prices continue to push up record prices to levels that seem a "bit crazy" and they will only get higher...which is why some of these prices seem normal to you now.  I hope this explanation helped you understand the thread.

Okay, yes a couple hundred is a lot of money and I'm definitly not rich but if it is your favorite band, I think it is well worth it.  I'd assume everyone always trys to get everything that their favorite band releases before anything else so if they paid a little extra to have a complete collection, I think the price would be a second thought...unless it was laughably unafortable.

Okay, yes a couple hundred is a lot of money and I'm definitly not rich but if it is your favorite band, I think it is well worth it.  I'd assume everyone always trys to get everything that their favorite band releases before anything else so if they paid a little extra to have a complete collection, I think the price would be a second thought...unless it was laughably unafortable.

Not entirely so

I absolutely love Brand New, but refuse to pay most of the insane prices that you see on ebay day to day. I've lost out on a few auctions and good chances but my wallet thanks me because I saved a good amount. My best strategy is to just be patient, so as a result I was able to get an original YFW for 70 (most I've spent),repress of yfw for 12, Devil and God for 30, and traded about 65 worth of records for a 2003 pressing of Deja. That, is being smart I'd like to think

It is my view that people that pay those prices are very well off, have access to a parent's credit card, crazy, or just ignorant (as seen when people buy stuff at inflated prices while it is still for sale at reasonable prices). Yes, sometimes people pay more for records they really want  but it's the degree of how much more some pay that is crazy. 

Not entirely so

I absolutely love Brand New, but refuse to pay most of the insane prices that you see on ebay day to day. I've lost out on a few auctions and good chances but my wallet thanks me because I saved a good amount. My best strategy is to just be patient, so as a result I was able to get an original YFW for 70 (most I've spent),repress of yfw for 12, Devil and God for 30, and traded about 65 worth of records for a 2003 pressing of Deja. That, is being smart I'd like to think

This pretty much sums it up. Patience and effort are the keys to reasonably securing records you want - not going crazy on eBay where people are openly trying to rip you off quite often.