Judge

kyacrash

I know I'm not going to be able to swing going to this and I'm bummed.
However, Black Train Jack is the bigger attraction for to this show now that I know they're playing too. Don't get me wrong, Judge is one of my favorite hardcore bands, but 2,000 Guido's trying to out-hard each other on the dance floor makes me not care, I'm sure there will be a video of it that will pop up online. ...but man, BTJ playing....fuck.

2,000 Guido's trying to out-hard each other on the dance floor makes me not care

This is why I will not be attending. The same damn thing happened at the recent American Nightmare reunion at Webster and I know it will be much worse for this show. 

I know I'm not owed anything from anyone in terms of a comment, but I'd really like to hear something from Mike about this -- he's been so adamant for so long that doing a reunion wouldn't be right to the time and place of the material. I don't blame anyone for taking the $$$$ if the demand is there (and clearly it is), and we all know how unforgiving this world can be when you're supporting a family, but this is a bit of a head-scratcher. Maybe he was just tired of his 'friends' doing Judge cover bands across Europe and taking all of the credit and money...

I grew up in NYC. Lived there for the first 26 years of my life

Saw so many great bands at some many great venues but alot of these bands need to stop appearing. Playing hardcore that came out it in the late 80s and 90s to people who werent even born yet just seems weird

This isnt a "good old day" rant but its getting to be too much.

P.S. Some of the live judge stuff avail online back when they were active is horrible. Must guess is this will be a million times worse

I know I'm not owed anything from anyone in terms of a comment, but I'd really like to hear something from Mike about this -- he's been so adamant for so long that doing a reunion wouldn't be right to the time and place of the material. I don't blame anyone for taking the $$$$ if the demand is there (and clearly it is), and we all know how unforgiving this world can be when you're supporting a family, but this is a bit of a head-scratcher. Maybe he was just tired of his 'friends' doing Judge cover bands across Europe and taking all of the credit and money...

I think Webster Hall which used to be the Ritz holds like 1500 people. I cant imagine how much money they are making but its still weird

This is why I will not be attending. The same damn thing happened at the recent American Nightmare reunion at Webster and I know it will be much worse for this show. 

not sure which  night you went to, but i have to disagree about the AN show at webster

Agreed.  I went to both AN shows at Webster and found the crowd to be pretty awesome.

not sure which  night you went to, but i have to disagree about the AN show at webster

I went to whatever one was sold out and they had tickets at the door anyway.

Agreed.  I went to both AN shows at Webster and found the crowd to be pretty awesome.

I had a great time but the area I was in was filled with drunk bros just beating down people. It was disgusting seeing people trying to enjoy the show only to have to be rushed out covered in blood. I've been to many hardcore shows and regularly go to TIH in Philly and I have never seen so many people bloodied up and rushed out of the pit ever. People were blatantly trying to hurt each other and had reckless abandon for those around them. I guess next time I'll have to choose the pit away from the bar side. 

You should have been around to go to shows at City Gardens in Trenton. I was scared for my life most of the shows I went to.

I was never scared of City Gardens. Now, the trocadero at that time with their rascist skinhead problem left me trembling. I saw Sick of it All there in 1994 and it stands as the most violent overall show ive ever seen nearly 20 years later. Thats why I loved moving to Gainesville in 95, so much more positivity

Alf from The Fire Still Burns actually put together a documentary on City Gardens. Whenever I talked to him or the guys from Vision they'd always have stories about that place. It was definitely a love-hate relationship. The Philly skinhead problem and the Trocadero is definitely comparable. Just ask Joe Hardcore...