OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

You dont have to like anything, but i think its unwise not to respect their talent. I hate Lebron james but dude is the best around when it comes to the NBA. Also, i do think its a good learning curve to those who are looking to advance their abilities as a musician to try and work out some of their instrumental compositions. Test your limits, see what you can become capable of performing and those techniques will help you in anything else you decide to apply it to.

Kind of like saying Miles Davis is embarrassing. Nobody would say that but then again not everyone likes jazz.

There are some really interesting videos that the members of Phish did, explaining their rigs/setups/etc...  Kind of show you what they're doing during the course of a typical concert.  Any musicians/gearheads and such might enjoy checking a bunch of these videos out, just sayin.... 

http://www.vimeo.com/phish/videos

nope

You'll never know how professional musicians do it I guess.

Open up your mind a bit.  Hell, they aren't even playing songs here.  If you play an instrument, I'd bet you would find some of their explanations to their setup to be rather eye-opening.  It's more like a lesson than anything.  No real playing involved.

Hell, I mean you really like Jack White and he bows down in regards to guitar talent to Trey...  Take a peek.

You'll never know how professional musicians do it I guess.

Open up your mind a bit. Hell, they aren't even playing songs here. If you play an instrument, I'd bet you would find some of their explanations to their setup to be rather eye-opening. It's more like a lesson than anything. No real playing involved.

I am going to check that video out at some point. I always like seeing people's (musical) equipment.

I've been hearing that the record stores have to have their orders in by the 15th.  Doesn't seem right since Strictly doesn't even have all of the stuff up yet.  

Anyone else hear that?

yep....WEA/ADA is the 13th, URP is the 14th and most everyone else is the 15th.

Note, as with prior years, we may get some last minute additions.

§ Samiam Clumsy Red Vinyl LP, each individually numbered  (First time with US pressing..original was released in Germany) (1500 copies)

OK - Who is going to have my back on this? I can't miss out. It is a top want. Hit me with a PM if you can pledge an assist. 

Also, with the Flaming Lips 4xLP - with 7500 being pressed does anyone think these might hit the internet? That is a big pressing but we all know they have a loyal following. 

§ Samiam Clumsy Red Vinyl LP, each individually numbered  (First time with US pressing..original was released in Germany) (1500 copies)

OK - Who is going to have my back on this? I can't miss out. It is a top want. Hit me with a PM if you can pledge an assist. 

Also, with the Flaming Lips 4xLP - with 7500 being pressed does anyone think these might hit the internet? That is a big pressing but we all know they have a loyal following. 

I think that Zaireeka will be very similar to the Heady Nuggs box set.  Overproduced, you'll see copies in just about every store and if you are patient, you'll see it show up twice on PopMarket for a very discounted rate.

I may not have to drive to New Orleans this year. Not that I've ever done it strictly for rsd. I prob should anyway though.

Where are you gonna go in Laffy? Kerry Beary's Atomic Pop Shop in Baton Rouge gets stuff but the markup is obscene. Literally the highest priced new releases I've seen anywhere. I went to New Orleans for RSD each of the last two years, and it's great. Based on store opening times, you can usually get to Mushroom, Peaches and/or Skully'z first (they open earlier), and then head over to Euclid (which opens later). Euclid gets the most stock, and has the best prices, so you will probably be able to fill out the rest of your list there.