OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

I can't remember which thread, but there was a previous discussion about poor quality pressings from victory. I had my doubts.

Well, I purchased the bayside and btbam anatomy of, and they are possibly two of the most well pressed items in my entire collection. Many of you guys know how picky I am when it comes to these things, and I do not hesitate when I say that these are perfect in every imaginable way.

Standard weight vinyl, perfectly flat, dead silent, quiet surfaces, pressed perfectly on center (I can see through the BTBAM, not even the slightest bit of off-center variance)

As much as I hate victory, they get an A+ for a job well done on these in my book, and I would not hesitate to purchase any new pressings or repressings of victory titles. Why can't all vinyl be like this? The Van Dyke Parks mono reissue I bought was marketed as a premium product. The mastering was top notch and the sound is good, but the pressing was terrible. Noise, pops, and even skips right out of the box. How is that acceptable?

I don't know where Victory had these records pressed, but they did good. No hyped up premium product here, just normal, very well made records, and that's how it SHOULD be. That makes these premium-grade in my book.

I can't remember which thread, but there was a previous discussion about poor quality pressings from victory. I had my doubts.

Well, I purchased the bayside and btbam anatomy of, and they are possibly two of the most well pressed items in my entire collection. Many of you guys know how picky I am when it comes to these things, and I do not hesitate when I say that these are perfect in every imaginable way.

Standard weight vinyl, perfectly flat, dead silent, quiet surfaces, pressed perfectly on center (I can see through the BTBAM, not even the slightest bit of off-center variance)

As much as I hate victory, they get an A+ for a job well done on these in my book, and I would not hesitate to purchase any new pressings or repressings of victory titles. Why can't all vinyl be like this? The Van Dyke Parks mono reissue I bought was marketed as a premium product. The mastering was top notch and the sound is good, but the pressing was terrible. Noise, pops, and even skips right out of the box. How is that acceptable?

I don't know where Victory had these records pressed, but they did good. No hyped up premium product here, just normal, very well made records, and that's how it SHOULD be. That makes these premium-grade in my book.

I concur. I picked up the Bayside Live lp simply for nostalgia as I had not planned on picking it up before I actually saw it Saturday morning. It was by far the best bang-for-buck purchase I made that day. Gatefold, double lp, white pressing, beautifully pressed and included a download card all for the low low price of $16.99. This is how RSD releases should be done.

The Bayside Acoustic pressing that came out about a year and a half ago is the worst-mastered record I have heard in my life. There's constant distortion and sibilance. I bought two copies (different colors) and they're both just terrible. The cover and insert had numerous spelling errors ("Baby Britian", "The Loked Like Small Hands", etc.) so the whole pressing was clearly a shittily thrown together cash grab. Fuck Victory forever and ever.

Numerous people posted here about it: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/70172-bayside-acoustic-lp-1st-pressing/page-4

The Bayside Acoustic pressing that came out about a year and a half ago is the worst-mastered record I have heard in my life. There's constant distortion and sibilance. I bought two copies (different colors) and they're both just terrible. The cover and insert had numerous spelling errors ("Baby Britian", "The Loked Like Small Hands", etc.) so the whole pressing was clearly a shittily thrown together cash grab. Fuck Victory forever and ever.

Numerous people posted here about it: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/70172-bayside-acoustic-lp-1st-pressing/page-4

I don't doubt that they sucked in the past, but they seem to have started putting a little more care into these releases. Lets hope for another pressing of all the btbam/bayside/tbs albums. I'll buy em all.

• 2 weeks later...