iTunes sucks, help?

I'm trying to add music into my library and I dragged the folder into the library like I always have and it didn't show up.  I checked in my recently added playlist and it's there, but I can't get it to show in my library.  Also tried going into file and choosing "add to my library" and that doesn't work either.  Tried quitting and restarting iTunes but still nothing fixes it.  Anyone else had this issue or know what else I could do?

False. Manually put it into a folder and place it into the ITunes Music folder. The go on to iTunes and Add folder to library. Never fails.

SURE, JUST WAIT FOR THE RIAA TO COME KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR WITH A SUPEONA FOR YOUR COMPUTER, HARDDRIVE AND RECORD COLLECTION TO EBAY TO COLLECT ON DAMAGES

This happened to me the other day.  I restarted a billion times and nothing seemed to work.

Then I went and imported another album, and after I dragged it over into iTunes, the one that wasn't showing up prior magically appeared, and the second one I dragged in showed up no problem.

I say trying that ass backward method is worth a shot.

False. Manually put it into a folder and place it into the ITunes Music folder. The go on to iTunes and Add folder to library. Never fails.

I tried that when I had this issue and it didn't work because it was already showing up in the iTunes folder. I even removed it and put it back manually and that still didn't do the trick.

if it's showing up in your recently added playlist it must be in the library. could be that your tags are messed up. select all the files you aren't finding in your library in the recently added playlist, and do a right click>get info (or the mac equivalent) and make sure everything's right in each respective field.

I really hate iTunes 11, a lot, a giant, whole, goddamn lot.  I know there is a thread somewhere regarding this, but here seems fine to me.

I had this very same problem the other day when trying to add a Ted Nugent record, at first I thought it was because my computer was resisting the Nuge, yet it kept showing up in the recently added playlist.  Eventually it showed up.  I just wanted to listen to goddamn stranglehold.  

i have been having this problem for about the last month or so.  For a while if i tried to add any media it would just crash instantly, now it doesnt crash but it never adds the files.  For a while i figured it was my shitty laptop, so i am glad i am not alone on this issue.

i have just about tried everything, besides deleting and trying to go back to an old version.

I have no issues adding directly to my ipod, phone, or ipad but nothing will load to my itunes.

It has been driving me nuts, as i got apple TV for christmas and cant stream any new music or tv shows through my itunes because i cant add shit.

speaking of shit going on with apple, is anybody else having issues with chrome crashing on a mac using mountain lion?  i switched to firefox for the time being, but i really do hate it, anytime somebody embeds a youtube video in here i can't see it. maybe i should remove chrome then reinstall

I have yet to update to 11. Haven't.

But for the past week or so, I haven't been able to back-up/sync my iPhone 5. Keeps giving me some error but doesn't specify what the error is. Not to mention all the bullshit with the 5 itself.

Fuck Apple right about now.

Apple died with Steve Jobs .

When I opened up my laptop and downloaded the Modern Baseball record from the code and added it to iTunes it magically worked and the music I was trying to add earlier had magically appeared in there.  iTunes 11 is a bag of dicks.  If I didn't need it for my iPhone 5 then I would go back to 10.  

I have yet to update to 11. Haven't.

But for the past week or so, I haven't been able to back-up/sync my iPhone 5. Keeps giving me some error but doesn't specify what the error is. Not to mention all the bullshit with the 5 itself.

Fuck Apple right about now.

In order to do that you need to update to 11, sucks dude.

When I opened up my laptop and downloaded the Modern Baseball record from the code and added it to iTunes it magically worked and the music I was trying to add earlier had magically appeared in there.  iTunes 11 is a bag of dicks.  If I didn't need it for my iPhone 5 then I would go back to 10.  

In order to do that you need to update to 11, sucks dude.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It was working fine up until 2/18 which is the last back-up date I have. The error started a day or two after. If the only fix is to update to 11, I guess so be it. Damnit. 

Thats the same thing that happened to me. Apple better fix that issue ASAP.

So updated to iTunes 11. Went to sync the iPhone 5 and gave me that same error message again. I've about had it with both iTunes and this fuckin' iPhone 5 that's nothing more than a battery drain. 

No to mention that iTunes 11 is awful. It's the Comics Sans of media players now.