PO: The Flaming Lips *The Terror* 2xLP

atarirec

I am so sick of the words "Limited Edition" tell us what the fuck that means! 

I mean I know at the end of the day its the gimmick to sell limited pressings, but if I am going to shell out double even triple the price for an LP I want to know there are only 500 of them!

Because half the time they say limited edition and its not....for example that one Deftones album that was apparent limited edition white vinyl? um no that was the standard pressing and is freaking everywhere....

sorry venting...I am getting sick of the price gauging and tricks vinyl sellling as become...and I know you'll all say ...then dont collect, well people it will start making people stop collecting! Or cutting down......significantly....its partly are fault we pay it!!!

So, are you guys thinking all of the initial press of this will be on Silver? Amazon orders included? Ala Embyronic press? Just debating if I should order on the website or Amazon....

No. The link on InSound states "Pressed on 125 gram black vinyl." So I think that will be the standard edition.

• 3 weeks later...

The UK version is the one to get. It's cheaper to import to the US than to buy the WB version and it comes with a free 7", a CD, and is on 180g vinyl. It's not on colored vinyl, but I think the 7" is way cooler. Plus Bella Union are just a way better label than WB. 

http://www.rise-music.co.uk/browse/search/flaming+lips/item/245938/Flaming-Lips-The-Terror.html

honestly i cant justify $44 for this.  i hate that the lips of all groups feel the need to rape their customers with this release.

It's not the band, it's Warner Bros.  Trust me.

The UK version costs $33 shipped to the US if you order it from that site I posted with the code PRESALE. I think $33 is a good deal for 2 180g LPs, a 7", and a copy of the CD.

I wanna know what happened between the Terror and Embryonic for this fucking price hike from WB. They just repressed Embryonic and it's still the same $25 price tag. Didn't Embryonic have a CD too? I know Dark Side of The Moon did.

I have no clue, but Warner Bros. is just a terrible company in general. I'm really glad that the Lips aren't completely signed to them anymore.

The WB version doesn't come with the CD or 7", either. $35 for two 120g records and that's it. Fucking bullshit.