Needle nose pliers?

Or take a q-tip. Remove cotton. Put super glue on the end. Gently stick it into the part that broke. Let it set for a minute. Yank out.

I have done both methods successfully.

that sounds like a good idea, im gunna try the super glue thing when i get home from work. and yes it is

So my cat jumped onto my expedit to get onto my windowsil and somehow manage to knock over a picture which fell on the cable connecting my receiver to turntable. One of the plugs broke and is stuck in the receiver and i cant get the fucking thing out. Any idea's or suggestions?

Kill your cat and buy a dog?

If the great Q-tip trick fails, I've seen some connectors that are not filled in plastic so maybe you can open your amp and check if you can push out the part out from the inside with a thin screw driver.

This is usually the case with old Marantz. But... I can foresee him getting attacked by his cat, ruining the solder connection, then asking how to solder it back it in place.

Not sure if this is any easier than taking it apart but you can probably run a small drill bit into the center, then slowly increase the size of the bit. Eventually you will hit a point where whatever is stuck will just fall apart and fall out.

It is what you would usually do if you totally stripped a screw but needed to get it out.

Don't be afraid of your receiver. They are tough. After all, the receiver input didn't even budge but the jack broke off! Not to mention, it was made to have it's top removed for maintenance. If the jack is indeed open on the inside, it will be VERY easy for you to remove the top and push the broken piece out. At least take the top off and take a look. You can't hurt anything by taking the top off and putting it back on. 

Just make sure to pull the power plug before you do anything.