Mixtape Exchange

ok, the mix tape forum is closed so no more.. there are 16 of us. i'm gonng go buy and send 2 tapes out. 2 in different directions so they come back a ton faster. once i get it, it'lll probably get mastered into raw audio and then me and matt can make copies for everyone onto 2 cassettes and i'll send em out. once out everything's done. it's only 16 cassettes so no it's nothing huge. will reach all of you in the next day on who is getting the cassette first. then email people as to who they need to send too. sound good?

VC Screen Name
Daegor
robotfactory
noalarmplanet
jimmythescumbag v2.0
abovetheearth/belowthesky
ronniegwilliams
isavedlatin54
Controlthebleeding

Alexh
maneatingcow
Madie
divesandfives
bigmafuckinbruise
ohheyroman
oohdoiloveyou
rybread
thejesseb
ThisScreamsNicky

Cool, I kinda wish the cassettes were together to save postage, but whatever

you'll get one to record on, they aren't two seperate mixes. just one, but rather than wait for 16 people to record on one long 120 casette, there are gonna be two tapes at 60 minutes each. and everyone gets one song. rather than put all the songs on one 120 cassette (which drags like a motherfucker sometimes) we're separating them into two cassettes. not sure what we're gonna do for the shells (if they're gonna be pro-printed on or just make printed labels. 

you'll get one to record on, they aren't two seperate mixes. just one, but rather than wait for 16 people to record on one long 120 casette, there are gonna be two tapes at 60 minutes each. and everyone gets one song. rather than put all the songs on one 120 cassette (which drags like a motherfucker sometimes) we're separating them into two cassettes. not sure what we're gonna do for the shells (if they're gonna be pro-printed on or just make printed labels.

Ooooh cool, I get it

Ooooh cool, I get it

why did i get squeezed out..... :(

Probably just a small oversight on Mike's part...it happens sometimes at his age. :P

Shoot him a PM and tell him to tighten up lol.

ok, i got the arrangement of people seperated to start off. i'll be contacting two of you in regards to starting off the comps and who you need to send to. okie dokie. 

as far as the cassette tape exchange amongst the few of you, i'll be getting with you shortly (probably tonight)

ok, i got the arrangement of people seperated to start off. i'll be contacting two of you in regards to starting off the comps and who you need to send to. okie dokie. 

as far as the cassette tape exchange amongst the few of you, i'll be getting with you shortly (probably tonight)

maybe you should end with me. i can print the covers off (for free) at work and mail them to you at the end with the tape.

below is the names of those wanting to trade who haven't already traded with madie or what not

Alexh 1                                                            
maneatingcow  1-3                                                           
oohdoiloveyou   2                                                            
thejesseb  1                                                            
ThisScreamsNicky   1 
noalarmplanet          2
jimmythescumbag v2.0       1-3
abovetheearth/belowthesky     1
ronniegwilliams      1
Controlthebleeding     1-3

is this correct? if not PM me. if so i'll be moving forward with sending addys and such.    

this should be the itme where we say what we like and what we don't like:

i am not picky. but only a few bands irritate me to no end: RHCP, CREED, MUMFORD & SONS, and yarling bands. (except pearl jam)

Pick me, let me start this shit off raw, none of this pop punk nonsense.

which kind of pop punk, obviously people think differently of it depending on the kind you like. 

EX: allicia (jk) (a-money) likes that new wave of pop punk (hawthorne heights and shit like that). i like House Boat, Parasites, Sicko, Ergs, Banner Pilot, and the likes. 

big: we already confirmed who's sending first.. sorry. but that doesn't mean it wont go first once it's mastered. depending on what ohers send. 

I am open to almost anything, but I am not a huge fan of the new wave pop-punk (Wonder Years, Fall Out Boy, etc.), poet-core (Touche Amore, etc.), or just about anything that appeals to the Hot Topic crowd. So for me it's...punk (Ramones, early Social D., Clash, The Fest bands, etc.) , hardcore (Minor Threat, Black Flag, Cult Ritual, Nazi Dust, Gag, Hoax, Night Birds, Chaos In Tejas bands, etc.), post-punk, shoegaze, garage, psych, prog/fusion, post-rock, jazz, funk, soul, reggae, dub, noise/experimental, etc., just nothing watered down please. :D

Hey Mike, can you change me from 5 to 1-3...really wasn't thinking too much when I came up with the number haha.