I just ordered three different backordered items that I'm pretty sure aren't going to ship.

Which ones?

So, I was hesitant to answer this because I didn't want to tell people to order certain records and then have them ship (provided they didn't actually want that record).

Anywho, just got confirmation that the first one I ordered isn't going to ship and a code is on its way. 

Its: Shearwater- Palo Santo (Expanded Edition)

Now, lets all sit back and watch this record going to the top of the best sellers in vinyl. 

This is a little sketchy because it has the Streetlight album title with Toh Kay as the artist. So they could have just screwed that up and it's actually the Streetlight album which would ship, ya know?

The streetlight album is carried in best buy stores and has a different SKU number. The SKU for the Toh Kay version is online only and won't be carried by stores. I agree with the OP that it wont ship

So, I was hesitant to answer this because I didn't want to tell people to order certain records and then have them ship (provided they didn't actually want that record).

Anywho, just got confirmation that the first one I ordered isn't going to ship and a code is on its way. 

Its: Shearwater- Palo Santo (Expanded Edition)

Now, lets all sit back and watch this record going to the top of the best sellers in vinyl. 

Also:

Cave Singers - No Witch

So far, everything I've ordered that I expected to be cancelled has been.

Anyone had issues with receiving the "Your item has been cancelled, discount on the way" and then not receiving the discount e-mail?  I've had to send BB like 6 e-mails so far requesting those be sent.  I thought the system was automated???

332xkki.jpg

Thank you for finding an image appropriate to most threads on this board. You are already one of my favorite posters.

I've placed about 8 orders, all on different records in the past few days, about half of which I'd be stoked on if they showed up. Really hoping the other half don't though haha All of these are backordered 1-2 weeks which is one of the reasons I ordered them, much quicker turnaround, higher likelihood of them not showing up in that time (or maybe they're just more confident they'll get it), but we'll see!

I think their automated system is getting smarter..

I noticed now that if multiple orders are cancelled on the same day, you only get 1 code. This has happened the past 3 times for me.. Had two seperate orders cancelled on the same day, the next day received only 1 code

They are starting to group cancellation emails too: for example, ordered a record on a Tuesday and another order on the next day. Got a 'your order will cancel on June XX' email (same cancel day for both orders even though they were placed on different days!) --and surprise, since both cancelled on same day, only 1 code sent

..the end is near boys

I noticed now that if multiple orders are cancelled on the same day, you only get 1 code. This has happened the past 3 times for me.. Had two seperate orders cancelled on the same day, the next day received only 1 code

They are starting to group cancellation emails too: for example, ordered a record on a Tuesday and another order on the next day. Got a 'your order will cancel on June XX' email (same cancel day for both orders even though they were placed on different days!) --and surprise, since both cancelled on same day, only 1 code sent

..the end is near boys

Possibly.  This hasn't happened to me though.  I've still been receiving separate discount codes for each order...received 3 over the past two days.

..the end is near boys

Ugh. That would suck. Hoping for the best, I have 20 orders on the way that expire next week.