Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

that kishi bashi - live on valentines went fast.  wasn't able to get one.  oh well.  at least the site held up a bit better.

I got on and there was 1 left but it was gone before I could check out all the way :( there were only 5

got a Son Lux Alternate Worlds test press but there are 20 of them

I got Sisyphus for ChardeeMacdennis in case he couldn't get it.

If he's successful, It's up for grabs.

I also got Lighght.

I shouldn't be spending the money so I'll probably trade out or hook someone up here with.
PM if you're interested... I'm not trying to make money, but would love to get something cool in exchange or sell it at cost.

Well I was offline due to work stuff...if anyone has the Sisyphus TP and changes their mind I WANT IT. Have other Joyful stuff I would gladly trade for it (lathes, TPs, flexis....)

The Sisyphus I got today is all yours.

PM and we'll figure out the details.

Anyone needing the Kishi Lighght test press?

So technical difficulties aside, do you guys prefer the prior years formats where tests were sold alphabetically throughout the week regardless of format or this year where they did different formats on different days?

I personally liked it alphabetically.  Just seemed like when all the 7in were on one day and all the 12in were on another day it was a lot to look for in the brief 30 seconds you have to look over the selection.  

I guess to put it better.  If one day is A->F.  I know on that day I just want to look for Dumb Numbers test.  As opposed to when all the 12in are on a single day.  I have to look for Kishi Bashi, Dumb Numbers, Half Japanese, Son Lux, and Why?  Personally it was just a lot look for in the brief time that we have before everything is gone. 

I guess to put it better.  If one day is A->F.  I know on that day I just want to look for Dumb Numbers test.  As opposed to when all the 12in are on a single day.  I have to look for Kishi Bashi, Dumb Numbers, Half Japanese, Son Lux, and Why?  Personally it was just a lot look for in the brief time that we have before everything is gone. 

Seems like a really great way to handle it.

I didn't want any 7"s, but some of the other stuff peaked my interest.

I only got two things I wanted (wanted many others but they sold out) and then I grabbed two things with people in mind who wanted it (in one case a pre-arranged verbally agreed (but by no means binding, I'm not passively agressively venting here, btw, by any means :) ) trade) so those two I'm trying to trade out and have a few people who have gotten ahold of me, so I'm not getting stuck with anything and hopefully I'll be able to strike deals that are pretty sweet for the both of us.

This year was a cluster fuck, but Thursday went relatively smoothly (only compared with Tues and Wed, though and Monday was an utter failure.)

I assume that whatever changes were made Thursday would have made the other days flawless being that there was likely waaaaay more demand for the 12"s and full LPs.

most of the auctions went for almost exactly what JNR sold them for though (at least the ones I watched.)....and my offer still stands if someone wants to sell their Sisyphus TP for cost after they get it....

I'm down, but would rather trade.

I PM'd you last night with the stuff you have that I'm keen on.

• 1 month later...