Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

Finally signed up for the VIP - that Surfer Blood variant was too tempting. If anyone's looking to get rid of their "mystery" Surfer Blood CD/vinyl, I'm your man.

I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I may be willing to part with mine.

Get at me if I don't respond in a while.

I'm also surprised at the hype for the Sufjan single. I know there's a lot of Sufjan Stevens fans, but a $25 lathe cut single of one song from the album is a bit crazy to me, especially since the full album releases in a month.

I was pretty surprised by it too.  No exclusive material.  The lathe cut costs more than the album and aren't exactly known for their superior sound quality.  But, whatever. People clearly wanted this and I'm glad it's supporting a label and artist that I like, just not a release for me.

Unrelated question, does anyone have the early 2015 flexis?  I had some card issues, so my subscription renewal got wonky.

I was pretty surprised by it too.  No exclusive material.  The lathe cut costs more than the album and aren't exactly known for their superior sound quality.  But, whatever. People clearly wanted this and I'm glad it's supporting a label and artist that I like, just not a release for me.

Unrelated question, does anyone have the early 2015 flexis?  I had some card issues, so my subscription renewal got wonky.

I've gotten the first two.

Really like the Sonny & the Sunsets track... it made me laugh in a great way... clever tune that is very simple.

Haven't listened to Oneida yet... it came on Thursday and I'm hungover right now.

I've gotten the first two.

Really like the Sonny & the Sunsets track... it made me laugh in a great way... clever tune that is very simple.

Haven't listened to Oneida yet... it came on Thursday and I'm hungover right now.

Cool, thanks for the information!  I'll have to check to see if I'm being charged and then send them an email later on this week.

Cool, thanks for the information!  I'll have to check to see if I'm being charged and then send them an email later on this week.

On your account on the site you can see if they've shipped it yet and check tracking.

Might try looking there first to see if it's even gone out yet.

March VIP release is a translucent yellow flexi from Serengeti. Got that, my Sufjan lathe, and my Son Lux lathe in the mail this week!

How the hell do I get to the free release page on the new site

Every time I go here https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/free-release-of-the-month/it tells me to log in, but I am logged in

How the hell do I get to the free release page on the new site

Every time I go here https://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/free-release-of-the-month/it tells me to log in, but I am logged in

I don't think they do a free monthly release anymore that you have to order. You get the free monthly single mailed out instead.