The Starting Line - Based On A True Story

Nah mostly I'm just wondering why Direction is so criminally underrated. Like, Island is one of the best songs to come out of that whole scene right there. Plus Birds, Somebody's Gonna Miss Us...just a ton of super catchy pop rock jams.

How about The Startling Line in general as a band being criminally underrated in their genre. 

...and their performance during that time sucked.

My only observation was the lack of people at their Somebody's Gonna Miss Us tour (Minneapolis show) before the hiatus.  The people suck, not the music or the performance.  Granted even with the small crowd, I had fun.  I've only seen them live 3-4 times but always had a gay ol time, just like an episode of The Flinstones.  They meet or exceed the pop rock threshold, I sure hope they get their stuff together & do a bunch more shows.  Depressing as hell I was unable to catch a Say It Like You Mean It show...

How about The Startling Line in general as a band being criminally underrated in their genre. 

My only observation was the lack of people at their Somebody's Gonna Miss Us tour (Minneapolis show) before the hiatus.  The people suck, not the music or the performance.  Granted even with the small crowd, I had fun.  I've only seen them live 3-4 times but always had a gay ol time, just like an episode of The Flinstones.  They meet or exceed the pop rock threshold, I sure hope they get their stuff together & do a bunch more shows.  Depressing as hell I was unable to catch a Say It Like You Mean It show...

I was probably just pissed because it was at the House of Blues.....hate that venue beyond belief. HOB is 4 poseurs :P

I went to two SILYMI dates here in California... Pomona was fantastic, vibe was great, crowd was very responsive and just all around fun. HOB Hollywood, on the other hand, some dude got carried away in a stretcher, concert was put on hold because of it, Kenny as well as the rest of the band looked horrified during that, and it just wasn't the same after (plus some drunk asshat in front of me kept yelling "Get Up Pussy You're Runining the Show!"). Still an incredibly show none-the-less. And sorry, I know I'm going to get hate, but for me, it still goes:

WHOSO>SILYMI>BOATS>MYAH>D but all of which are > than most other pop punk.

Oh man, I'm afraid to open my package now and find 2 A/B's too.

edit: I'm good! I asked them to ship them outside of the jacket though. That might have helped. Vinyl is super heavyweight. Looking great all-around.

Don't they do that anyway? Every record I've gotten from them has been shipped outside the jacket. And on the price thing, not that I'm defending SRC whatsoever, but I'm sure acquiring the rights to press the album from Geffen as well as having the whole thing remastered for vinyl was not cheap. It's not just a simple repress. But $27.99 is still ridiculous. Glad I gave them my money last month while I still thought it would sell out fast haha

Don't they do that anyway? Every record I've gotten from them has been shipped outside the jacket.

Not sure, this was my first time ordering from them. That's cool if they do though. I always ask for my orders to be shipped outside the jacket in the comments of the order, regardless.

Got mine today, very happy with how this turned out! Not regretting the money spent on it. The first song on side A sounds a little off, kind of hollow if that makes sense. The rest of it sounds very full and like everything was made for this press, the remastering was key! The jacket looks fantastic, the etching is awesome, and it's a very heavy weight vinyl. 

I'm a little disappointed in their shipping this time (I've done a bunch of their pre-orders). Mine was marked shipped at the middle/beginning of last week and judging by the tracking number on my account status page wasn't shipped until yesterday evening. If I would have known that it would take an extra week to get here I wouldn't have pre-ordered it. 

I'm a little disappointed in their shipping this time (I've done a bunch of their pre-orders). Mine was marked shipped at the middle/beginning of last week and judging by the tracking number on my account status page wasn't shipped until yesterday evening. If I would have known that it would take an extra week to get here I wouldn't have pre-ordered it. 

this happens a lot since orders are being marked as shipped when labels/sellers print out shipping labels. very common.

and to preorder a record often allows a customer to get a more limited variant. it does not necessarily mean that you receive your record before others do.

Anyone getting the clear w/ orange smoke?

I'd love to but I can't justify the subscription price because I don't want the Blink record/the hassle of selling it. 

edit: Never mind. The only photo I've seen looks pure orange. Not swirly smoke. Just orange. Not what I would have expected/wanted.