Official OST and Film Score Thread

Seems banquet is also showing a listing of Batman Begins in double black now, I'm thinking that's the other 500? 500 black and 500 orange?

I'm just guessing.

edit- my guess was wrong lol saw silva screen's twitter now

Hmmm

Also I canceled my orange one, so hopefully that goes through and if anyone planned on ordering from them they should now have an extra copy up soon I would think.

I think labels should stick with what they first tell to customers. I think vinyl is only music format that still have re-selling value. Some of us are considering that perspective also. 

And I'm no flipper.

Fair enough, it was a very small pressing to begin with.  I think its great the Silva Screen can press more, help more fans, and generate more revenue for their company.  Then hopefully that will help them secure licenses for other titles that we have been hoping for that other labels wouldn't release.   I don't mind the bump from 500 to 1,000. 

Yeah, though I think the poster isn't actually a part of the release, just a part of the giveaway MOV is doing (you can find details on their FB page).

looks like it is part of the release :)

• 180 gram audiophile vinyl
  • Gatefold sleeve
  • Includes 60x60cm poster
  • Limited edition on blood red vinyl

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/godzilla#more

I wonder why record labels wants to put item on pre-sale, if they already have an idea how many are going to be pressed. In this particular case it seems like a fraud to those who already ordered and thought, that Batman Begins is limited to 500.

Fraud? The label saw there was a huge demand so they made more. Thats pretty legit. Like someone else said, only affects the people who wanted to flip it.

I'm not buying records based on re-selling value. I'm collecting scores and buying everything that sounds good. :)

Then be happy that twice as many people have a chance to own an enjoy the record without having to pay inflated aftermarket prices.

It's not false advertisement because they didn't intentionally mislead anybody. It was out of 500 then when they decided to press more they announced it. It would have been shady if they just sold 500 more while still saying "out of 500" or if after the first batch shipped they "found some boxes in the warehouse" or something.

Could they have done the extras on a different color or something? Probably, but even then there'd be people complaining.