Converge - Caring and Killing (Hydra Head)

16YnP.png

The Hot Topic repress of Deftones' self-titled was supposed to be "black with clear marble", but holding it up to the light, it's pretty debatable.

to me, thats more of a smoke or a haze. when i think of splatter, it literally looks exactly how caring and killing looked in the preview photo that was posted. ive never seen a splatter thats clear, ever. if it were possible, id think it'd have been done by now by someone. not that any of this really matters all that much. i just think it rules that this was finally released on vinyl. 

As someone who has only been listening to Converge for the past two years, I gotta say I'm really liking the older stuff.  It took a while for me to get into Converge, and it took even longer before I could really get into the pre-When Forever... material.  As of late, I've been revisiting the band' earlier work and finding that sometimes I'm in the mood to listen to that over newer Converge.  There's really something about the rawness and serious energy that I really dig

For me, it's the additional guitarist. There's also a certain nostalgia to it, as the Caring And Killing days were the days I was really involved in the "scene" and the songs bring back some great memories of great people, but when you boil it down, there's a power to the two guitar players that I just don't think can be captured in studio with the one. I absolutely love these songs and, though I still haven't received my copy in the mail, I'm unbelievably happy to finally have this in my collection.

Same here. I used to fall squarely into the "post-Jane" camp but lately I've grown much more appreciative of their earlier material.  I bounce all over the place when it comes to picking a record from their catalog to spin.  That being said, I am beyond excited to receive this and give it a play!

Just got my copy from KRM. It was clear with black splatter. This was a mistake, right??

No. The descriptions were backwards. The KRM colors are clear with black splatter and clear with white splatter (instead of the reverse as was described on the site during the pre-order).

That's pretty rad actually!

Yeah it's super awesome. But I'm a completist like you so it's very bittersweet. Luckily DW has the swirl still in stock so I got one. I hope I end up with two of the clear with black splatters because I have a hunch that they are more limited. You also ordered all three from BCD, right? I'm betting you'll get your order first.