[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

Thanks man. Gonna hold off a day in hopes of a Memorial Day sale.

I wouldn't have your hopes up on that. Typically, even when DW has a sale, they exclude their newest releases from said sale. For example, the Cursed repress and Hesitation Wounds 7" were excluded from this year's RSD sale. I'd jump on it now.

Yeah, I really don't foresee Deathwish having a sale, tomorrow... or any record labels, for that matter.  But I guess you never know.

Quick update for anyone curious: splatter copies are now available on tour, I believe.  No idea if they're limiting the amounts per person (I would hope), or how many they've got.  There are also two on eBay for anyone feeling brave.

Yeah, I really don't foresee Deathwish having a sale, tomorrow... or any record labels, for that matter. But I guess you never know.

Quick update for anyone curious: splatter copies are now available on tour, I believe. No idea if they're limiting the amounts per person (I would hope), or how many they've got. There are also two on eBay for anyone feeling brave.

Yeah a buddy of mine got me a copy at their show on Friday (same one your friend got a red/gold at) and mine was a splatter. I think they have all three randomly mixed in.

Bakersfield, eh? Someone on here is being a dirty birdie..

I noticed that too haha. I was first curious how they already have it because I ordered within seconds of it going up and my tracking shows it will be here Tuesday, but then I read the description and it says it was bought at a show. So apparently, they aren't limiting the number per customer.

I noticed that too haha. I was first curious how they already have it because I ordered within seconds of it going up and my tracking shows it will be here Tuesday, but then I read the description and it says it was bought at a show. So apparently, they aren't limiting the number per customer.

What kind of shipping did you choose? I think the person in question probably had the fastest.

The reason I bring this up is because I literally live an hour away from you and was wondering the same thing..this community is way to small for things like this haha.

What kind of shipping did you choose? I think the person in question probably had the fastest.

The reason I bring this up is because I literally live an hour away from you and was wondering the same thing..this community is way to small for things like this haha.

I always go media. In the description though it says that they were purchased at a show. Makes sense seeing as how I was able to acquire one that way too (although I haven't picked it up from him yet.) Kinda bummed actually because I was hoping for a band exclusive color, but now I'll have an extra splatter. Should make for good trade bait down the road though.

Impressive it's selling out so fast, but alright the hype has also been quite big about this record, but I do have to say, the hype has been well deserved :) I just got my copies today, really fast shipping considering I live in Denmark and I just took the intl. first class shipping option. Big props to Deathwish again for the awesome service and also to Deafheaven, everything about this record is fantastic, even down to the packaging and everything. No doubt about this is my favorite release in this year so far :)

It's official: my favorite track is Vertigo.

You and everyone else =).

Seriously though, that song is fucking amazing. The change that happens at about 9:45 gives me goosebumps, every time.

I don't think I will be able to make it to the Bottom of the Hill show as our son is supposed to be born on/around July 7th, bummed I will have to miss the show, happy it is because I will be meeting my son.

I am going to assume that they likely don't know which colors are which.  They are sealed and I ordered two colors from DW - neither of which had a stick on the outside denoting the variant.

Unless their merch guy is extra crafty and they have the boxes labelled correctly, my guess is that it is a crapshoot.

I am going to assume that they likely don't know which colors are which.  They are sealed and I ordered two colors from DW - neither of which had a stick on the outside denoting the variant.

Unless their merch guy is extra crafty and they have the boxes labelled correctly, my guess is that it is a crapshoot.

You're so smart! 

A gold star for you!

I'd like to think they know what is what... especially for those who care enough to know variants exist for this release...

When I saw Mono I asked about the White vinyl version for 'For My Parents' (which sold out really fast online) and came to find out that they had them all hidden away inside the tour vehicle and only sold them to folks who asked.

In due time we'll all know what the pressing numbers are. Patience.

I don't think anyone's getting feisty or demanding to know numbers. I merely said that it's impossible to gauge what copies the band will have on tour, without having an inkling of press numbers. And death&taxes chimed in with the realization that numbers were only speculated -- not posted, yet. No one is impatient or requesting Deathwish press info. I think we all know how this works, at this point.

Hey guys!

I don't own a copy of this record and would love to snag the Clear w/ Splatter as my single listening copy. If anybody is looking to acquire some through a show, could you count me in for one? I'm going to try and see them in July and will definitely see what's available at that time. Hopefully I can help too? Let me know on either side of the equation here and hopefully one of us ends up happy? :D

And if it hasn't been said enough already, badass release!!

These guys were so great the other night. The production on the new record is very true to their live sound (at least at the venue I was at).

I'm strongly considering a trip to SF to see them play more songs.

That's great to hear.  I caught them when they opened for Russian Circles last year.  And despite being quite familiar with every track they played, their sound was just way too walled in the venue.  At their noisiest, they just resembled white noise at full volume.  To be expected from an opening band at a small venue, but it was a bit of a downer.  I can't wait to see what they bring to the table in July... especially headlining in their hometown.

Also: do it.  It sounds like we're on the verge of having a legitimate VC meetup.

• Derek™ changed the title to [PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster