[PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster

Guest Secular Haze

I have now heard this album over a dozen times. It just never stops. Riff after riff, layer upon layer, nuance after nuance. I never thought they could top RTJ and I will be the first to tell you that I was wrong about that.

I just opened and checked 4 copies of the record for the D side issue. 

They all played fine, with no issues.  

my side D sat on the edge for awhile before it went into the song, probably about 10 - 15 seconds. i dont mind waiting though, i like the anticipation! haha

im on my third listen today. i cant find anything bad to say about this album

This is something that could happen with any record, sometimes the needle will just chill on the edge before it catches the groove.  This is due mainly to chaos theory...

bitches_jurassicpark.jpg

LOL.

*wants record labels to exist and sell moderately priced records*

*doesn't want record label to press enough copies to meet demand*

...I think that's a bit of a stretch. 5000 is a lot when bands the size of The Wonder Years are pressing 4000~ for a first press. That's all he seemed to be implying. Not anything negative.

...I think that's a bit of a stretch. 5000 is a lot when bands the size of The Wonder Years are pressing 4000~ for a first press. That's all he seemed to be implying. Not anything negative.

I still don't get the point. Also who are The Wonder Years, I've never even heard of them.

We press what we feel that we need to press. 

A first press of 5000 for this record isn't overkill to us. 

It's what we feel we need to meet the immediate demand of preorders and initial shipments to stores and distributors.  

So far we have pressed over 4000 copies of Roads To Judah and I foresee putting in another repress of this shortly as well.  An initial pressing of 5000 of Deafheaven's new record makes sense.  It's a new record, the band is bigger and better, and people love it... and we knew they would.  Cause it's an awesome fucking record.  

By definition, overkill is negative.  

I wasn't implying it was a stretch pressing 5000, I was implying that saying the kid doesn't want record labels to press enough records to meet demand was a stretch. Man, people get worked up easily here!

Anyways, got my splatter today and it looks and sounds great. Thank you Deathwish.

Is it alot? Based on what? How many copies did their last record sell? How many pre-orders did this one get? What's the ratio of Deafheaven CD's to vinyl copies sold? I imagine no one here knows the answer to those questions, besides of course, the person who's deciding how many copies are pressed. Another band in a completely different genre/scene of music cannot be used as a benchmark. 

Why would Deathwish want to press thousands of extra LPs they won't sell and sit on them? They don't. Record labels don't exist to cater to people who want to collect every color available until they decide x amount of variants is too many and that the label is now gouging their collector fan base unfairly. They exist to support bands and provide and market a product, as well as to attempt to sell as much of that product as possible.

People on this messageboard (this is not directed at you, parkinglot) get so caught up in the collector aspect of vinyl/music listening that they forget what record labels are actually here for and how they work. 

• Derek™ changed the title to [PO] Deafheaven // Sunbather – 10 Year Remaster