Green Day - American Idiot 2xLP red/black swirl Hot Topic exclusive

Excited. Also the 2009 presses are awesome, thick jacket thick vinyl good sound

Do you have any original presses to compare to?

I bought all the 2009 presses in one batch. The first 2009 presses I heard first were Dookie and Insomniac. Something sounded wrong with them. Flat, boring music. Compressed.

Luckily I had the German Dookie on green and the Superhits on purple to compare with. My German Dookie and 2009 180gram Dookie sounded like two different albums. The German one sounds alive, the 2009 (yes, I know they were pressed in Germany as well) sounded compressed. Insomniac was worse. But when I compared the Insomniac songs with the Superhits record, there was no comparison.

I bought the original 95 pressing of Insomniac. Then I picked up the Hot Topic blue. But unfortunately, the Hot Topic blue is the same master as the 2009 press, a compressed boring sound. If you don't have the original, you haven't really heard the record.

These are the Green Day records you should avoid (I've heard them all and have replaced them all with originals:

39/Smooth - 2009

Kerplunk- 2009

Dookie - 2009

Insomniac -2009

Insomniac - blue

Nimrod - 2009

Nimrod - yellow

Superhit - 2009

Shenanigans - 2009

Bullet in a Bible - unfortunately there is only a crappy 2009 pressing

I couldn't tell a difference in quality between 2009 Warning and the Adeline Warning.

I haven't heard the 2009 American Idiot or Epitaph reissues.

i have both epitaph white vinyl reissues and they are amazing sounding. and american idiot is as well, and i also purchase the 2009 insomniac and it sounded great to me, as did the yellow nimrod...maybe youre just super picky lol

I'm picky, but I grew up with these albums and know how they should sound!

More importantly, I compared sound quality many times. 

Gonna head to the store in the morning to order this and Tre from the kiosk. My GD collection is getting decent. Wish I could find a way to get a replacement jacket for Dookie though. I bought a damaged copy from the HT in Rancho cause it was cheap and the vinyl was unharmed. 

Hey Travis! Think there's anything I could do about that? 

I had this in my cart with the 15% code and it was $30.  I decided not to pull the plug.  I'm tired of paying good money for Hot Topic records only to get them in packaging that looks like it was assembled by a 1st grader.  My last batch of records was so banged up it was barely worth it even with the crazy discounts.  Fuck you Hot Topic, you're not going to get me this time.