When is it considered flipping?

Guest Fredneck

So if I buy two copies of a new record, get a black and a vomit colored variant,

flip that variant for more than twice what I paid for both, thus making my black

copy free to me…does that make me a 'flipper'…or just a smart consumer?

Yea you pretty much are both. Around here though it just seems like the decent thing to do to let someone who truly wanted the vomit color get it at the normal price. I guess it's is just the sense of community that is nice and you can sometimes rely on people to help you out. Sometimes I'll buy rare tour copies of records and sell em at cost to people on here who couldnt make the show. Could I flip them for a bunch more? Of course. But I know if I was in that situation (missing a show) I would want someone to help me out without having to spend tons of money.

think before you post a "new" topic and you'll have no problems. 

And if you really have to start a new topic without checking (or can't find older threads), don't start one on flipping and then get called out as a flipper, and then start insulting people who have been here for a while.

I think a lot of times it is because a lot of new members dont take the time to look for previous discussions on the topic. Their first post usually include creating threads that have already been discussed 4-5 times. There are some great threads that all new members should make an effort to read and get acquainted with.

yea, I think a good handful of new members have turned out to be great. Im sure those are the ones that had read everything, know how to use a search function (something I learned in jr high, when computers first had da internet,) felt out the vibe, and learned a few things before posting. so you new members who do that, yay for you!

Yea you pretty much are both. Around here though it just seems like the decent thing to do to let someone who truly wanted the vomit color get it at the normal price. I guess it's is just the sense of community that is nice and you can sometimes rely on people to help you out. Sometimes I'll buy rare tour copies of records and sell em at cost to people on here who couldnt make the show. Could I flip them for a bunch more? Of course. But I know if I was in that situation (missing a show) I would want someone to help me out without having to spend tons of money.

Team player. Great camaraderie. Only if eBay existed with these core values instilled.

Guest Fredneck

So for everyone who has flamed me in this post, can I buy something from your sale items for the new instore price?