70000TONS OF METAL - The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise

4 Days, 40 Bands, 1 Cruise Ship, 2000 Tickets

http://www.70000tons.com

70000TONS OF METAL, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise, will sail Monday, January 27, 2014 on the Royal Caribbean “Majesty of the Seas” from Miami, FL and will not return to the real world until Friday, January 31, 2014.

Ticket prices start at US $666 plus US $319 taxes and fees per person and include all on-board entertainment, non-alcoholic and non-carbonated beverages, all meals at the dining rooms, most on-board restaurants and even 24h room service!

Lineup, so far:  Dark Tranquillity, Death Angel, Finntroll, Overkill, Septicflesh, Soilwork, Symphony X

IWrUEx8.png

Thoughts?

Has rap done this yet?  Real rap...not Kid Rock's Chillin' the Most.

I don't think so. And by real rap do you mean Lil' Wayne, 50 Cent, and Kid Cudi, or Wu Tang Klan, Mos Def, and Kottonmouth Kings? 

If you take Lil' Wayne fans and put them on a boat for four days, it turn into a Survivor series. 

The metal market is pretty inflated and fans are will to shell out a lot more than people on these boards are accustomed to but if the early lineup is indicative of the full lineup then I think they are going to be hard pressed to fill this thing up. A 4 night cruise in the off season is usually what, $500 after taxes? So $500 for a four day fest? Pass.