The World Is A Beautiful Place... Debut LP

Pitchfork treatment: http://tpshlf.co/17J1ksY

Beat me to it. Kevin/Seth, I'm curious as to what your opinion on the review is? If you put the "good publicity" factor aside. The review reads like a pile of shit to me, and that's not taking into account the Fightboat comparison to The Summer Ends, trumpet intros.

Reviewer says "Someone called Shitty Greg" but then later calls him Greg Horbal. 2/10 would not read again.

hahaha noticed that. Attempting to save his p4k cred and pretend not to be following "emo" tooooo closely, yet reviewing the albums to acknowledge the music is good.

or who knows, maybe the dude is homies with greg and is fucking with him.can't possibly see that though.

actually I've heard the reviewers don't score the record, the site editors score it.

Pretty much. You won't see an emo record go above what Crash of Rhinos got and you won't see one go below a mid 7 as long as Ian chooses what he reviews. At least not until more of the site starts taking to the genre.

The review makes it sound like BNM but then Ian FUCKIN' Cohen pans it with the score. C'mon son

?

7.8 is a solid score, especially considering they usually wouldn't touch anything in this genre. It's like 4/5 stars, and I'd see a movie that got 4/5 stars.

I remember before Pitchfork narrowed their editorial focus down to just what's hip and happening, and they used to review a decent amount of actual punk and emo, and not just fashionable stuff like Trash Talk, Wavves, etc. I mean, they reviewed Situationist Comedy. So it's cool to see them branching back out into the less image-conscious side of underground music.

?

7.8 is a solid score, especially considering they usually wouldn't touch anything in this genre. It's like 4/5 stars, and I'd see a movie that got 4/5 stars.

I remember before Pitchfork narrowed their editorial focus down to just what's hip and happening, and they used to review a decent amount of actual punk and emo, and not just fashionable stuff like Trash Talk, Wavves, etc. I mean, they reviewed Situationist Comedy. So it's cool to see them branching back out into the less image-conscious side of underground music.

I was more making fun of /mu/ who thinks that anything that doesn't receive BNM is panned. Hell, they even said Doris was panned after it got BNM.

Completely off topic, but I saw you've been covering the new Echo Base album. Do you know if they are working on a vinyl release for that or Keep Your Expectations Reasonable? Good jams there

All proceeds from the digital sales of the new album will go towards pressing it. Whole album is great by the way. Glad to see you're checking out the site (or just saw it on the echo base page in which case you aren't as cool but you're still cool!!!).

All proceeds from the digital sales of the new album will go towards pressing it. Whole album is great by the way. Glad to see you're checking out the site (or just saw it on the echo base page in which case you aren't as cool but you're still cool!!!).

That's great news! I did see the news on their Facebook page, but I checked out the site after that haha. I'll be keeping up with your site now!

That's great news! I did see the news on their Facebook page, but I checked out the site after that haha. I'll be keeping up with your site now!

: ))) all i ask for! hahaha. Yeah, they're cool dudes. Glad to be able to put out a track by them, especially a jam like that. Keep your eyes (and really everyone in this thread because it appeals to them) peeled for a review of a band called Deer Widow, my writer (a VC member actually) loved it and it's really good late 90's styled emo stuff.

So I had emailed topshelf a while ago about getting a playable copy after my clear w/ blue+green splatter came warped, expecting a second pressing (which I would have been stoked on), but I was astounded when my replacement arrived and was in fact the same, sold out, /200 variant that I had ordered in the first place! And I thought I couldn't possibly love topshelf more!

So I had emailed topshelf a while ago about getting a playable copy after my clear w/ blue+green splatter came warped, expecting a second pressing (which I would have been stoked on), but I was astounded when my replacement arrived and was in fact the same, sold out, /200 variant that I had ordered in the first place! And I thought I couldn't possibly love topshelf more!

It's good business practice to keep a couple spares of things for situations like that.  Unfortunately lots of places don't necessarily do that.