The World Is A Beautiful Place... Debut LP

my copy finally arrived today... its warped but playable. the packaging job was horrendous--just the LP in a mailer without ANY kind of support or bubble wrap. makes me kinda leery of that toe box set...

Sorry, dude — this is how every record I have ever bought via mail order has ever been shipped to me. There's a certain point where if a record is gonna get annhilated in the post, packing material ceases to really matter. If your record's janked up, just email us and we'll sort something out for you for sure — I don't want anyone feeling like they're getting ripped off or whatever. Thanks. Also, the Toe boxset will be double boxed.

My splatter copy skips like a mother fucker, however I have 4 copies of this record already.  I know my black one plays 100% fine, but its got the wrong a/b sides.  The other two (/300 and /1000 first press) I haven't played yet so I'm not sure.  

My question.  Would it be wrong to email you guys about the splatter copy not playing well, seeing as i have up to 3 other copies of the record that do/might play through fine?  This probably sounds dumb, I'm just not sure what would be the right thing to do, just because unless I can grab a splatter that plays fine, then I'm really just grabbing a free record from you guys, which is no fun.  

I honestly don't expect to have any extra copies of that variant left to mail as replacements. We'd simply mail you a second press.

I honestly don't expect to have any extra copies of that variant left to mail as replacements. We'd simply mail you a second press.

That's what I was expecting.  I might just eventually pick up a 2nd press.  Not fair for you guys to have to ship an LP to canada free of charge, even though I own 4 copies haha.

this is how every record I have ever bought via mail order has ever been shipped to me. There's a certain point where if a record is gonna get annhilated in the post, packing material ceases to really matter.

Really?? You've never received a record with a cardboard square for support or bubble wrap? And just because there is a relatively slim possibility that the USPS will wreck a package regardless of the support inside it, that means it's not worth it to put any kind of support in there? That just doesn't make any sense to me. Especially during the summer when it's hot and records are more susceptible to warping in transit. Just sayin.

Really?? You've never received a record with a cardboard square for support or bubble wrap? And just because there is a relatively slim possibility that the USPS will wreck a package regardless of the support inside it, that means it's not worth it to put any kind of support in there? That just doesn't make any sense to me. Especially during the summer when it's hot and records are more susceptible to warping in transit. Just sayin.

Exactly.

Dude, believe it or not, we're STILL shipping these things. We think we'll be completely done by Friday, but we'll see. We're shipping hundreds everyday while also trying to stay on top of regular orders — it's been an unreal chaotic last few months but we're almost there.

Thanks man, I appreciate the update. I wasn't trying to complain or rush you guys along or anything, I just wanted to make sure that all the LPs hadn't already been sent out and that I wasn't overlooked. You guys have a schedule worked out and I'm not worried one bit. Thanks again!

Not trying to be confrontational here or anything. All I'm saying is that in my experience, a piece of cardboard isn't going to stop a record from warping within an LP mailer — If it's hot enough (like the heat wave we unfortunately just had while a lot of these were out for delivery), it's gonna warp. In my experience, a piece of cardboard isn't going to prevent a record from breaking from being bent or run over or punctured or whatever extracurriculars the USPS can come up with. At best, it will only help against dog earing on the LP jacket corners. We ship tens of thousands of records a year and have only isolated problems (which we fix for free) so, yeah, I mean, that's my stance on that.

Not trying to be confrontational here or anything. All I'm saying is that in my experience, a piece of cardboard isn't going to stop a record from warping within an LP mailer — If it's hot enough (like the heat wave we unfortunately just had while a lot of these were out for delivery), it's gonna warp. In my experience, a piece of cardboard isn't going to prevent a record from breaking from being bent or run over or punctured or whatever extracurriculars the USPS can come up with. At best, it will only help against dog earing on the LP jacket corners. We ship tens of thousands of records a year and have only isolated problems (which we fix for free) so, yeah, I mean, that's my stance on that.

Boom. Roasted.

Love you guys.

Boom. Roasted.

Love you guys.

Fair enough. Consider me roasted lol. B)

lol

http://www.punkrocktheory.com/music_reviews/world-beautiful-place-and-i-am-no-longer-afraid-die-%E2%80%93-whenever-if-ever

"There are just so many things that annoy about this album that I lost count. But I can boil it all down to two words: pretentious and boring. Do yourself a favor and skip this one!"

http://www.punkrocktheory.com/music_reviews/world-beautiful-place-and-i-am-no-longer-afraid-die-%E2%80%93-whenever-if-ever

"There are just so many things that annoy about this album that I lost count. But I can boil it all down to two words: pretentious and boring. Do yourself a favor and skip this one!"

Back when I was 11 years old, some friends and I wrote music "reviews" on a shitty Geocities site.  It was ugly, and the reviews were both juvenile and biased.  But at that age, no fucks were given.

Sometimes I miss being young.

I can't get the review to load but I can only imagine.

Just take a minute and look at that band name again. Doesn’t it just want to make you punch them in the face? This has to be emo, right? Even when you abbreviate it to TWIABP which is what I’ve seen online a bunch of times, it doesn’t stick. Would you want to be in a band that is referred to as TWIABP?

Anyway, on to the music then… “Whenever, If Ever” opens with a short instrumental that doesn’t do anything but drag on. When the eight guys in the band eventually get to a real song, it turns out to be the kind of yawn-inducing turd that I would expect from a band with this name. Sorry… I’m really trying here but I just can’t get over just how horrible that name is.

The songs on here go and on and you quickly find out that there’s a fine line between ‘atmospheric’ and ‘plain boring’. The whiny vocals don’t exactly help speed things along either. With eight guys in the band, there obviously can’t be a shortage of ideas. Unfortunately none of them are very good, not even when you try to cram all of them in one song. These guys try and build up tension in the most chaotic of ways but it never leads up to anything good. Meanwhile the three vocalists stumble over one another and the keyboards seem to be added almost as an afterthought. I mean… seriously, those bleeps in “You Will Never Go To Space”?

There are just so many things that annoy about this album that I lost count. But I can boil it all down to two words: pretentious and boring. Do yourself a favor and skip this one!

Band must be pretentious because their name is lengthy.  I felt like that wasn't addressed enough.

Dude sounds like he lost his junior-high crush to a kid who loves TWIABP, and this is his passive-aggressive means of exacting revenge.